Fixing Audio in Post

Omeo

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

Since I'm just starting out, I don't have a lotta money for expensive audio equipment, so I'm trying to learn ways to clean up my audio in post, as best I can. I've already learned how to get rid of hisses and hums and background noises, but what can I do about bad acoustics? I know there's stuff I can do to improve the acoustics in the room in which I record, but what can I do on the software side in, say, Premiere Pro or maybe Audition. Is there any way to make up for less-than-perfect-but-not-terrible acoustics using either of those?

Thanks, guys.

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
If you have an audio editor with filters, you can add some vocal compression that sort of isolates and amplifies the vocals.

But other than that not much can be done. Just make sure you do things before recording in the actual environment to produce some clean audio

Reactions: Omeo

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agreed - best option, apart from getting better acoustic even with something homemade, is to compress your voice audio line ;)

Reactions: Omeo

Omeo

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll give that a try.

astrotelecast

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
If noise and hiss are a problem I find that lots of small noise reductions are good rather than a single big one. This way you can tweak the settings each time for the best result.