First video - Feedback please?

MaybeAmy

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I uploaded my first video in the early hours of this morning :) I was just wondering if you could give me some feedback please? I know the camera quality isn't great (I don't want to spend much as I'm just starting out and I'm not sure if I'll fit into the youtube community?)

So any feedback would be great, thanks in advance!

Link to my video:

Jose Bravo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very creative video idea!
When you are about to end the section you're talking about you should wait a second or two then turn off the camera. This gives you a good amount of time to cut off without your arm appearing from the side. (I do that all the time oops)
Possibly better lighting if you can figure out how to do so. The video itself looks kinda dim.
Good luck with your videos!

MaybeAmy

Reaction score
Thanks! I was going to have something related to my cats as the ending but when editing, I hadn't got anything I really wanted to use & I tried to use natural lighting but pretty much as soon as I got my camera out, it started raining! haha typical British weather :) But I'll keep what you've said in mind, thank you for your feedback! (Also, when you say the video is dim, I presume you're referring to the lighting?)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A fun idea! Your mix of music and vocals is nicely done (so many people overpower with music in their first videos).

I would say to change the place where you film...you have a blank white wall behind you on one side, and a bunch of coats hanging behind you on the other. I know it's a small thing, but if you could find an interesting background (it doesn't need to be anything more than a picture or an interesting-color wall or something) that will help things look less stark.

Also, you seem to have editing software, so stop your video before you reach for the camera, or dip to black if you can.

Good effort for your first video! These are nitpicky things, but you asked for feedback.

MaybeAmy

Reaction score
Thanks! I am wanting to spruce up the background a bit, I just haven't a clue what to do! I'm videoing in my room as I live in shared accommodation so it's a bit awkward for me to film elsewhere! Thanks for the feedback though, I shall look into making my background a bit more attractive for viewers!

DeathByVlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! So I uploaded my first video in the early hours of this morning :) I was just wondering if you could give me some feedback please? I know the camera quality isn't great (I don't want to spend much as I'm just starting out and I'm not sure if I'll fit into the youtube community?)

So any feedback would be great, thanks in advance!

Link to my video:
For being your first video, I think you are off to a good start! I love your intro/outro. Very clean, modern and quick. I agree with the others that the lighting and setting could use a little work. As @xingcat mentioned, these are little things but have a huge impact on your videos and can really make a big difference.

I think your personality is great, you are good at talking to the camera and keeping viewers engaged.

I'm not sure if I'll fit into the youtube community?
Nobody is ever sure when first starting out. It will take some time to grow your channel and subscribers. But, don't worry about that and just do your thing! I think you have what it takes to make a great channel :)

MaybeAmy

Reaction score
Thank you ever so much! I shall definitely take everybody's ideas on board, it's very much appreciated :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well Done. Simple and to the point. You did well with the music! I would just say lighting, maybe just sitting in front of a window or something :)

MaybeAmy

Reaction score
Believe it or not I was actually sat infront of a window :') haha but sadly the British weather had it in for me that day and it turned horrible haha but thank you for the feedback!