First comment on your own video?!?!

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey,

I didn't fnd anything to this topic so correct me if I'm wrong or in the wrong area.

I've realised that alot of youtubers now start commenting on their own video. they comment on their content in the video. So for Example Youtuber uploads a Q&A and then comments on their video "A lot of risky questions in this one." (bad example but sometimes it like a bit clickbaity)

Is this a Youtube algorithm thing or does this rang you better? Or is it solely for your community to have a better connection?

If you do this could you tell me when you started doing this? At 500 subs or right at the beginning?

Help me :D I need the knowlegde ;)

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's just a fan-interaction thing, I doubt a comment can help with the ranking.

I'd suggest doing it whenever you feel comfortable.

Bentura Madrid

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmm, I think if you are generally telling the audience about your video (describing what the video is about) then it's cool and people appreciate it. I do it sometimes actually. I mostly don't comment on my own videos. If the comment is "Clickbaity" in some way it will more likely get more thumbs down. Supposedly the algorithm is now aimed towards audience engagement (i.e comments, likes, dislikes etc) but nobody knows for sure, at this point it's just theory.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmm, I think if you are generally telling the audience about your video (describing what the video is about) then it's cool and people appreciate it. I do it sometimes actually. I mostly don't comment on my own videos. If the comment is "Clickbaity" in some way it will more likely get more thumbs down. Supposedly the algorithm is now aimed towards audience engagement (i.e comments, likes, dislikes etc) but nobody knows for sure, at this point it's just theory.

You say you mostly don't do it. when do you do it? for example? is it in a type of video or ... idk? :)

Bentura Madrid

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The ones i've commented on I think i was really excited and proud of those particular videos lol. They seem to be my earlier videos though. I've actually been meaning to go back and comment on the videos that don't have comments with a description or something...

Reactions: Samira

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The ones i've commented on I think i was really excited and proud of those particular videos lol. They seem to be my earlier videos though. I've actually been meaning to go back and comment on the videos that don't have comments with a description or something...
Yeah, would be a good idea, makes the video look more "professional" if you ask me.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, would be a good idea, makes the video look more "professional" if you ask me.
Oh yeah I guess you can see like that. might be something to consider doing in the future. Maybe not every video but something towards how fun it was to film etc. :)

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like the first comment by the uploaded seems to come across as more of the uploaded actually talking and interacting with the viewers. ;)

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hey,

I didn't fnd anything to this topic so correct me if I'm wrong or in the wrong area.

I've realised that alot of youtubers now start commenting on their own video. they comment on their content in the video. So for Example Youtuber uploads a Q&A and then comments on their video "A lot of risky questions in this one." (bad example but sometimes it like a bit clickbaity)

Is this a Youtube algorithm thing or does this rang you better? Or is it solely for your community to have a better connection?

If you do this could you tell me when you started doing this? At 500 subs or right at the beginning?

Help me :D I need the knowlegde ;)
I've noticed this too! Glad someone finally asked about it. I've always wondered.