FEEDBACK ON MY AUDIO! (Please, and thank you !)

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
EDIT:- I may have given you more than you wanted..... haha... The audio is great!

hey,

Just watched the video.

Positives;
  • You seem really confident in front of the camera which is great
  • The added overlays to the video are a nice touch
  • your audio and video quality is great
  • short video and to the point (keeps viewers entertained)

Things You Could Improve;
  • Maybe a bit of music in the background (or a little louder if you have some) could add a little bit more to the video (I don't do these types of videos so I might be wrong)
  • I would have maybe used some of the stuff you got, maybe the straw. could have been a funny add in.. cutting to you drinking something from the straw (making a loud slurping noise maybe) and then just saying delcious to the camera before moving on to the next item (just a thought - if you want it to be a serious thing then maybe just quickly use the straw and show how good it is?)
  • I would have maybe removed the wording mistakes (unless they are funny or have purpose) -- for example "Poor collage ... actually .... I am a poor uni student" -- I would leave those things in if they are funny or you can add a funny edit to it, if not it doesn't feel like it is adding to what is a good unboxing video (just my opinion)

All in all, the quality is great and you are confident in front of the camera and that is half the battle, check out some of the people you aspire to be (or people that do the same thing) you may get some ideas.

My suggestions above are just my opinion and since I do funny/comedy style videos I am coming at it from a editing and entertaining side, I have no experience in what unboxing videos should be like.. so take my suggestions with a pinch of salt haha..

Great job, keep smashing it!

Last edited:

Juf Aminozuur

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Hey there Amber! The audio sounds good and I'm not sure what you mean by acting up. If there is a background hiss (which might be hidden by the background music you've added), instead of investing in a new mic try out Audacity (a free program) and look into it's noise reduction tool. It's very good at removing background hisses. It's what I've always used ever since I made the unfortunate decision of buying a Blue Yeti years ago. Since changed, but that one simple tool in Audacity can make your mic quality go from amateur to professional in one easy step.
can you use audacity on video files? or maybe use the output from audacity as input for a screenrecording + video software?

ETA: I too, unfortunately, have a blue yeti (not bought, was gifted to me so very grateful!) but I really want to upgrade my audio quality!