FEEDBACK ON MY AUDIO! (Please, and thank you !)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey!
I just posted a new video, and I wanted some feedback on my audio (I know the lighting in this vido is odd, one of my lights wasn't working properly and I somehow didn't realise until I was editing! So please ignore that!)- or any other feedback for this video in general
I recently fixed my mic, and it is still acting up a LITTLE so I thought I'd check in to see if the audio was actually good enough, or if I should invest in a new mic and just put this one out of its misery LOL

Thank you for any help!

Reactions: Fost

NateStanley

Editor / Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hey there Amber! The audio sounds good and I'm not sure what you mean by acting up. If there is a background hiss (which might be hidden by the background music you've added), instead of investing in a new mic try out Audacity (a free program) and look into it's noise reduction tool. It's very good at removing background hisses. It's what I've always used ever since I made the unfortunate decision of buying a Blue Yeti years ago. Since changed, but that one simple tool in Audacity can make your mic quality go from amateur to professional in one easy step.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Well I am surprised. I liked your video and watched the whole thing as I found it interesting. Who knew I would have been interested in an unboxing video of straws and fake strawberries.
I think your audio sounds great.

LBob

Reaction score
audio sound good... also interesting product. do you do only unbox?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey there Amber! The audio sounds good and I'm not sure what you mean by acting up. If there is a background hiss (which might be hidden by the background music you've added), instead of investing in a new mic try out Audacity (a free program) and look into it's noise reduction tool. It's very good at removing background hisses. It's what I've always used ever since I made the unfortunate decision of buying a Blue Yeti years ago. Since changed, but that one simple tool in Audacity can make your mic quality go from amateur to professional in one easy step.
Sometimes I find the audio drops a little, like it sounds muffled but I usually just fix that in editing,it doesnt happen often.
It also sometimes will not pick up on my laptop at all, and will sometimes ranomly disconnectwhile I'm filming... It's an old blue snowball mic
I have used audacity to reduce background fuzz, I haven't done it in a while since it's an extra step that can sometimes take a while (depending on the video length)

Well I am surprised. I liked your video and watched the whole thing as I found it interesting. Who knew I would have been interested in an unboxing video of straws and fake strawberries.
I think your audio sounds great.
Thank you very much! It means a lot, I'm glad the audio sounds good too!
Nothing wrong with straws and strawbs haha

audio sound good... also interesting product. do you do only unbox?
Hey! I feel like my channel has kinda just fallen into that, yes... I try to mix it up sometimes but honestly, I'm not super creative when it comes to coming up with video ideas, and I feel my audience is not big/active/engaged enough to post more personal content.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

NateStanley

Editor / Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Sometimes I find the audio drops a little, like it sounds muffled but I usually just fix that in editing,it doesnt happen often.
It also sometimes will not pick up on my laptop at all, and will sometimes ranomly disconnectwhile I'm filming... It's an old blue snowball mic
I have used audacity to reduce background fuzz, I haven't done it in a while since it's an extra step that can sometimes take a while (depending on the video length)
Randomly disconnecting sounds like an issue with the USB cable being worn or bent. Have you tried swapping out the cables for a new one?