False Copyright Claim

J86

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone, I'm dealing with a big issue and I hope someone have already experienced it and could help me with this situation. My channel with 600K Subs is under attack by a competitor that works in the same niche and decided to claim a lot of my own videos. Now I have 3 copyright strikes on my channel and within 7 days my channel will be closed. I've sent counter notifications but seems that YT takes a lot of time to review.. Now I cannot upload any new content and I'm afraid my channel will be closed for good.
I work on YT since a lot of time and I can guarantee that all the channel content is made by me and is under my own property. This is an unfair attack and I cannot understand why YT doesn't protect YT creators from such injustice.
Anyone with experience? My family income depends on my channel and I will be extremely grateful if someone could help me.

Thank you!

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what is this "competitors" username? I may be able to help...

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
@Crown shoudn't be a simple rule of a kind that when someone ask for help, have to include details as the channel itself?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@J86 If you want this thread to stay open, include a link to your channel. Otherwise, you could be wasting everyone's time. :)

I can guarantee that all the channel content is made by me and is under my own property.
So then all your counter notifications and appeals will be successful. Why are you worried?

I am not sure what you think we can do that YouTube can't do to help.

With such a big channel you have direct access to YT support via email and instant chat. -> https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3545535?hl=en Tell them what you have told us and tell them it's urgent. If you are telling the truth, you have nothing to worry about.

what is this "competitors" username? I may be able to help...
Please just stop.

J86

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello I can't include a link to my channel as URL. How can I do?
I am worried because now I can't upload new videos untill the counter notification process is ended.
Also if this person send me 9 false copyright claim what will stop him to send others in the next month?
I already ask help to youtube support but seems everithing very slow and the counter notifications are still pending.
Thank you for your interest.

J86

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you. Should be done correctly. In case i post also here: UCOhb9t1loqbrnbx0anRA1nw
As you can see all the content is made by me with free youtube music and sound effect.
I work on youtube since long time but this situation is never happened.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
lol, I knew it was going to be a kids channel....

As you can see all the content is made by me
Well obviously I or anyone here have no way of knowing where the content has come from. It could be yours or it could be someone else's. :) But that is why YouTube have their copyright claim process. The person who really owns the content is given the opportunity to prove it. That is why I said above that only Youtube can resolve the matter. Provide them will the proof that the content is yours and then the matter will be resolved. Not much else anyone else can do. It's between you, YouTube and the other channel now. :)

J86

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for you answer. The problem is the false copyright claim is a weapon that people can use to take down competitor. This is what is happening to me. About sending proof to youtube what do you mean? Something like send raw fotage of the videos?