Fake Copyright or not?

Hello, I have received this weird copyright claim from some Korean channel/network called "Loud Communications (SPOTV games)" (take a look at the photo) for this video of game that I recently uploaded. The video game is Dota 2 is developed by Valve and Valve's Video Policy states that "Use of our content in videos must be non-commercial. By that we mean you can't charge users to view or access your videos. You also can't sell or license your videos to others for a payment of any kind. You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites."
Its so strange that the copyright claim states "Virtus.Pro vs MVP Phoenix" BUT my video is EG VS Arrow Gaming.
This is really frustrating because they have claimed almost all my recent Dota 2 uploads. I did file a dispute and now waiting for a response. MY VIDEOS ARE IN ENGLISH and no way related to Korea, still dont get it why they are claiming all my videos. I'd understand if Valve claimed them but Loud Communication or SPOTV is no way related to Valve.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    188.5 KB · Views: 19
Sounds false to me, my guess is that they accidentally claimed some partner uploaded clips for Content ID.

Are you part of a network? If not it is going to be hard to get rid of the copy right strike.
No, I am not partnered with any network yet. Also I have not had a copyright strike yet but this is a copyright claim. Ive had copyright claims earlier on my portal 2 gameplay (someone called "third party media rights" claimed it) but disputing seems to resolve. I've just now had a chat with 17K sub channel and he says he is having similar claims all over his Dota 2 Tournament videos as well.

No, I am not partnered with any network yet. Also I have not had a copyright strike yet but this is a copyright claim. Ive had copyright claims earlier on my portal 2 gameplay (someone called "third party media rights" claimed it) but disputing seems to resolve. I've just now had a chat with 17K sub channel and he says he is having similar claims all over his Dota 2 Tournament videos as well.

The people you are playing with might be a branded "clan" or something like that, meaning you have no right to upload them playing. This would come under 3rd party content, the only thing I can think about.

The people you are playing with might be a branded "clan" or something like that, meaning you have no right to upload them playing. This would come under 3rd party content, the only thing I can think about.
That wouldn't work, as long as he has recorded/owns the rights to the footage and the other people are just playing, he is in his right to upload it.

That wouldn't work, as long as he has recorded/owns the rights to the footage and the other people are just playing, he is in his right to upload it.

Not if the he is in a clan match which they are recording or have an advertisement on, for example in one's name. I am not really to sure if you can get a copy right strike for that, it is just the most probable explanation. :p

Same here. You will need to ask permission from the manager of that clan to upload or they can flag it!

Back