Editing. What's your opinion on it?

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try my hardest to be a daily vlogger. But when I'm editing vlogs I just don't enjoy it. I procrastinate way too much during vlog edits.
But when I edit my short films I'm always laser focused.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My opinion on making videos in general is that there will always be one part of it that you don't enjoy. For you its obviously editing your vlogs, for me its filming me playing guitar. The way I get round it is literary just eat s**t and do it. I can't speak to how you feel but while procrastinating from what I gotta do, I feel bad about myself, once I've got through that hard bit, I feel great. So yeah, my advice is basically just do it and feel good after! Hope this helps in some way!

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I stay up late doing my vids. I do have a method to my madness though. Set some time for yourself. The other thing too is to daily vlog is no easy task. When we make bigger films and vids. We appreciate the content more because of the time and effort we put into. Versus editing our days. You'll find your way! :)

Reactions: Julius Gacgacao

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My opinion on making videos in general is that there will always be one part of it that you don't enjoy. For you its obviously editing your vlogs, for me its filming me playing guitar. The way I get round it is literary just eat s**t and do it. I can't speak to how you feel but while procrastinating from what I gotta do, I feel bad about myself, once I've got through that hard bit, I feel great. So yeah, my advice is basically just do it and feel good after! Hope this helps in some way!
Yeah Finishing a video is definitely the best feeling.

Reactions: MattyGreen

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I try to break it down into smaller portions. Like, if it feels that brutal, I'll chop the video into, say, 5 parts. Edit a part, see if I feel like doing more, if not, I take a break.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video editing discussion forum. ^^

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, you gotta do what you gotta do! Take a break in between though! :D

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hate editing, takes more time than getting the footage just like in movies or TV shows, but it is a necessary evil to make the videos presentable.

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
I love editing my vlogs because I make sure to film pretty places and then match the shots to music I like. So there's something for the eye and ear that I can enjoy :)