Dubset

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This website dubset.com just struck a deal with Apple Music. It will let non licensed remixes be available on Apple Music. I read about it. Dubset uses an algorithm to detect sounds in a remix and pays the artists labels and publishers. Sounds lots like YouTube. Copyright owners can block certain artists from dubset.

I'm bringing this up because this is how YouTube works. Ive always said its not a problem to use sound recordings. Looks like I'm correct now that Apple has partnered with a company that uses algorithms.

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So are you saying that people can take advantage of Dubset like what people are doing with Youtube?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So are you saying that people can take advantage of Dubset like what people are doing with Youtube?
If you look at dupbset.com it clearly explains how any DJ can create remixes and distribute them through Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music without license fees as the algorithms in place at dubset.com have it set to detect every piece of audio recording in the remix to pay the rightful owner. There is even a section on their for publishers and record labels which allow them to block certain songs to be remixed. So this is the exact same thing that YouTube has. Skrillex and many others are listed as using dubset.com without the complex contracts for legal fees.[DOUBLEPOST=1458526492,1458525989][/DOUBLEPOST]A few screenshots of dubset.com and it's affiliate mixbank.com Second Screnshot talks about fingerprint technology to detect underlying content. First screenshot mentions you can upload Bootlegs studio mix and anything derivative. And they are partnered with Apple Music.

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So it's kinda like Epidemic Sound, but DJ's can post their work freely.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So it's kinda like Epidemic Sound, but DJ's can post their work freely.
Right. But what I'm saying is if dubset can do it why is YouTube having copyright problems? The copy other owners universal Sony etc tell me they get paid a license for user generated videos that have copyrighted songs. So technically there shouldn't be any confusion

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Youtube is worried about not getting sued.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Youtube is worried about not getting sued.
The contract YouTube signed already agrees they won't get sued. They released it in 2011. I printed it out before it got taken down