Does Youtube Algorithm help when consistent?

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi guys, just out of curiosity the whole YouTube algorithm seems to be a misery to me, everyone explains the algorithm differently, but i wanted to know if your YouTube channel's consistency and YouTube algorithm works hand in hand?

Last edited:

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe it's not just uploading more, but also uploading at consistent times. So if you upload at 5 pm every Sunday, the algorithm recognises you as a consistent uploader (I believe. I'm not a 100% on this).
wow that's crazy lol, thank you so much

KyHealey

Reaction score
I believe it's not just uploading more, but also uploading at consistent times. So if you upload at 5 pm every Sunday, the algorithm recognises you as a consistent uploader (I believe. I'm not a 100% on this).
That's interesting, do you have any source on that? Thanks!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's interesting, do you have any source on that? Thanks!
No, I've only heard a big Youtuber mention it once. That's why I said I wasn't a 100% sure on it. But it does make sense to me. Youtube likes to behave like it's TV, so it would make sense that it favors big shows that upload regulary, but also those who maintain a regular schedule.

Reactions: KyHealey and dina

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The problem with the algo is that once we know what it likes; it gets changed! I just ignore it now. Sometimes the algo works for me, sometimes it doesnt. This week the algo has not liked me. But I shall continue to schedule my uploads every 2 days at the same time. This reminds me I will need to put some work in this weekend as I only have 2 videos left scheduled!

Reactions: dina

3rdepsilon

Reaction score
i would say yes it does because of a metric called session starts, if someone comes on to YouTube because of you and watches your video first, then YouTube promotes you for doing this. So if you’re uploading consistently more people will most likely come back to your channel especially if you’re on a schedule and if you’re the first person they click on you will get promotion from YouTube and if they leave your videos and watch other people’s videos you still get the promotion because you brought them on to the website. Hope this helped

Reactions: dina