Does anyone have experience getting a gaming YouTube channel off the ground?

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One thing that's really useful is having a video get a ton of views. My minecraft channel has almost 800 subs and 2 years ago-ish I made a video on a major update that happened that day on minecraft. The video is now the most viewed video on that channel with 45,000 views, over 350 likes, and it's driven over 50 subscriptions to my channel. It's ranked #2 when you search "How to change your name in Minecraft"

I'm sure if your channel isn't just limited to one game there are lots of updates and new releases in the gaming world. Just have a couple huge videos and your channel will grow super fast.

jerabith

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Making gaming channels is tough because there are already so many out there, good luck though! I enjoy your content

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have had a gaming channel for just over a year and have 1025 subs. Giving general tips would take ages, but If you want to ask for a specific tip around an area you think you need to improve on I could try to help you out mate :)
Hazador! I watch almost all your videos man glad to see you here. You have quality content that's why you have 1000+ lol. I try to make the best videos I can. I'm not afraid of investing money to my channel either; I constantly do so. I'm not quite sure on what area im not doing well in to be honest. Im not sure if it's the SEO, or the content strategy or the quality or what!! :banghead:[DOUBLEPOST=1480302975,1480302780][/DOUBLEPOST]
Making gaming channels is tough because there are already so many out there, good luck though! I enjoy your content
Yeah there are a lot of gaming channels. I've noticed the same thing. Do you think there's just too many for the amount of people interested in them?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Willingness to learn, grow and better yourself is one of them. I see some people who started months/years ago and they are exactly the same as when they started - if something isn't working or working too slowly, there is nothing wrong with trying new things - new thumbnail styles, new commentary style? new editing style? keep honing your craft and trying new things. Take everything you see, do and learn and make it your own. When I first started I was pretty s**t, audio was bad, everything was pretty bad.. I'm not the greatest but def. have improved and looking to improve even more. I've only been on YT for 5 months but I love it and I love learning new things and getting better with everything I do. Don't focus on subs/views too much, keep getting better at what you do and the subs/views will slowly pour in.

BlockHeadGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are a lot of gaming channels out there but I believe if you put out quality stuff and are active in the community you'll find a crowd and grow.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a gaming channel and honestly it's a hit or miss. You really need good quality content and honestly the best way to go with a gaming channel is comedy. I've went from 90 subscribers to 2,030 in under 8 months. Pretty big achievement I guess.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hazador! I watch almost all your videos man glad to see you here. You have quality content that's why you have 1000+ lol. I try to make the best videos I can. I'm not afraid of investing money to my channel either; I constantly do so. I'm not quite sure on what area im not doing well in to be honest. Im not sure if it's the SEO, or the content strategy or the quality or what!! :banghead:I appreciate you cheking out my videos man, It means a lot :) Yeah you need money to start kicking the channel onwards tbh, I have spent like £200 on equipment in total. It could be a mixture of all those things mate, or something you wouldn't even expect. Just keep practising and you should see what works and what doesn't for you personally