Do you suffer from 'Post-Upload Depression'?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently saw a video on Tomska's vlog channel where he talked about 'PUD' and I quickly realized how often I feel disappointed or down right after uploading a video because it doesn't get the reaction I hoped for.

So I figured I would see if anyone else consistently feels like this, and if so what do you do to avoid it? Let me know!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
So long as a video gets more views than I have subs at the time of uploading before the time that I upload the next video, then I'm happy and consider it a success. Of course I'd like to have a million views in a single day but ain't happening

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Yep. Still trying to convince my therapist.

On a serious note, I do, somewhat. It's not so much with getting the reaction I desired -- literally any reaction is better than none at all, which is where I'm getting at. I'm lucky enough to get some comments and lots of views here and there, and I appreciate those, but it's like if I always try to upload stuff that isn't controversial or trending, it's like the video doesn't exist. I never know if the audience is there or not, nor do I ever seem to actually gain much of a viewer-base, and it drives me crazy when my gaming channel has so many subscribers. The disappointment, more or less, comes from the amount of work to viewer ratio. Oh well.

To address the reaction part, that's just how it is with pretty much anything. Reactions to arts and the like are always different, and aren't always like what the creator wanted it to be. As for feeling down in general, as long as you do the best you can on your videos, you shouldn't feel all that bad, because you have something to be proud of. :)

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand that feeling all too well I have 52 subs but many videos may get much fewer views. Youtube can be quite shifty that way

SwaggerWolf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I sometimes have those feelings, but then I remember why I make YouTube videos, to have fun!

Reactions: Chaotic

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I definitely know what you're talking about! I tend to always be my worst critic- a lot of the time I'll work really hard on a video and be so psyched to upload it. Then a few hours later I start telling myself it's not good enough, it sucked, etc. But I'm learning to be patient- I've been doing YouTube for about a month, while the bigger creators out there have been doing it for years now. It's important to remember that all good things come with time!