Do you have any tips on how to keep that positive attitude towards making videos?

TheEzeJC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lately I have been feeling inspired to make videos, express myself, and just enjoy my time playing. The thought of what I can make just fuels me with the energy to run in the streets and yell my happiness:

Though as soon as I’m about to start a recording... all my excitement slowly fades away. The editing process looks like a daunting task. I lose all my great ideas I just had. In the end I make an “ok” video.

Do you have any tips on how to keep that positive attitude towards making videos?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Lately I have been feeling inspired to make videos, express myself, and just enjoy my time playing. The thought of what I can make just fuels me with the energy to run in the streets and yell my happiness:

Though as soon as I’m about to start a recording... all my excitement slowly fades away. The editing process looks like a daunting task. I lose all my great ideas I just had. In the end I make an “ok” video.

Here is some general advice related to getting things done (not just Youtube stuff):

You need discipline, not motivation. :) If you wait for motivation to do stuff, you'll never get anything done. When top athletes get up at 6 am to go for a run in the cold, it's not motivation that gets them up out of bed, it's the discipline they have learned to get hard stuff done when they don't necessarily feel like it. You have to make doing hard stuff a habit. The problem is by procrastinating, you'll be doing the opposite - you'll be making not doing the task a habit and that's why it gets harder and harder to get your stuff done.

So yeah, my advice would be to look at ways of improving your discipline and habit forming. I used to have this problem. Here are 2 books that helped me:

and

Good luck. :)

Reactions: TheEzeJC

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I struggle with the same issue, but I've learned if I just sit down and start typing a script or unloading the ideas on paper, even unrelated to the video I plan to do next, it's very easy to get into a work mode. So, the more I'm into this long-term game, the more I focus on just getting started and focusing on what I'm doing right this or that moment. Planning matters, but overplanning often places mental/psychological barriers in my mind and I'm a chronic procrastinator. So I usually start working on something that feels the most enjoyable at the moment - it could be a half-baked video idea that I just start unpacking and writing notes and bulletpoints of things that occupy my mind. Sometimes I just go out and ride a bike for an hour. I get into the "do one thing today, just one" mode and then once those mental blockages are gone, I find it way easier to start/return to working on the actual most pressing video topic.

We're all different, but you won't lose anything if you give the "just do something, anything" principle a go. I'm sure you'll see some immediate positive changes.

Last edited:

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger

that is the hard part...you need to enjoy it w/o much reward. So not going to lie, I once had a gaming channel and I joined YT for well....hoping I can get subs and stuff possibly make 100k subs and well....joined for the wrong reason, got burned out within 7 or 8 months and lost motivation.

fast forward 2 yrs later, I always recorded myself dirtbiking and stuff...even w/o youtube. no idea why, but I never thought to do a dirtbike moto vlog channel. this time though, its fun for me. I know the rewards will never be great but that is ok.

if it helps, think of it like....a diary. you know how some people keep diaries and really just write down that they say or feel. that is what I am using YT for. memories, things I feel, my expression on certain bikes. I could care less if no 1 ever watches them, but hey it is my own diary and something I want to go back on to.

the only thing where I do have to try is a consistent shcedule....bc why not? that is the only discipline I have. Ive been recording so much and expressing my thoughts so much I am actually 2 months ahead of videos and they are all scheduled up to February just because im like dang I thought of this, I need to jot this down (video in this case) i do cause a lot of controversy though but that is ok haha

MediaSage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't keep a "positive attitude" I'm just "over the top" and passion it. It sounds similar but "over the top"
can be negative or edgy...But to answer the question, get hyped with music before recording it
helps get you in the right mind for conversation.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
keep doing it & simplify things,,,,,,,,like bigger monitor, fast pc, more keyboard shortcuts in video program to speed up editing,convenient location