Do you have an 'alter ego' or change person when making YouTube videos

I find that when doing rants or vlogs i talk soooo much that when it comes to editing it takes forever to keep on track and i end up stressing over what i want to keep in or put as to in person

Nope, what you see in my videos is purely me! :) Everyone I meet says I am a unique character and I am glad I can share my uniqueness with the world!!

I've always noticed that from my YouTube videos, I am sooo much more confident than i am in reality. I feel like i'm a different person as well, like when I do rants i feel like i can be myself.
Does anyone else feel that YouTube enables them to be confident or feel like another person? I don't know
do you feel like you're a different person whilsy on youtube? Do You feel more confident

I'm usually much more boring on videos. I find it easy to be around people normally, or at least retain a level of entertaining discussion and presence, while in my videos I cannot. I feel the opposite. I'm quite confident in my life, but in videos I get nervous and screw up.

I am very shy in real life, and...shy on my videos. I try not to be, but I'm always so nervous with my commentary. I always watch my videos...like a thousand times thinking "man I must sound stupid to everyone.." haha

I am very shy in real life, and...shy on my videos. I try not to be, but I'm always so nervous with my commentary. I always watch my videos...like a thousand times thinking "man I must sound stupid to everyone.." haha

Lol dude same here:p well at was at first but as I got into both videos and livestreams I got less and less shy on videos/streams maybe it will come naturally to you as well? :D

Like. I am very out going irl. And I HOPE it reflects in my videos. Some people say I am funny. And some people say I'm "Not Boring" And thats because I have a bit of ADD. So I ramble :D I don't think there is EVER a point in my videos when I'm not talking, which can be a good thing... And a bad thing...

I've always noticed that from my YouTube videos, I am sooo much more confident than i am in reality. I feel like i'm a different person as well, like when I do rants i feel like i can be myself.
Does anyone else feel that YouTube enables them to be confident or feel like another person? I don't know
do you feel like you're a different person whilsy on youtube? Do You feel more confident
I did a series on the yttalk channel about this. For me it's like... other people's energies are something I must adapt to, but when I'm vlogging, the audience will go wherever I take them. I often take on this englishmen. He's not scripted and it doesn't feel like acting, he just... feels natural to do. And many characters come into play, I basically act the way I do when I'm feeling crazy and no camera is on, and being able to let it out on camera isn't insanely easy either. I'm not doing it to the fullest I don't think.

I think my voice does sound a bit different in real life. I TRY to be more charismatic or strange or interesting during recording for the sake of entertainment, but I'm still working on that. In real life, I tend to be a bit more mellow, unless I'm in an exciting situation of course. Which might make it a bit awkward when I start doing Let's Plays with my friends, but I'll blow that bridge up when I get to it.

Speaking of which, I should try doing some "alter ego" videos where I DO act as someone else, haha.

Don't worry man. I bet if you go back and look at a lot of Youtubers' starting videos (or current ones, in my case), you'll see that they sound nervous. You will improve given sufficient time and practice. ;)

Back