Do you have an 'alter ego' or change person when making YouTube videos

talitha

YTtalk Mad
I've always noticed that from my YouTube videos, I am sooo much more confident than i am in reality. I feel like i'm a different person as well, like when I do rants i feel like i can be myself.
Does anyone else feel that YouTube enables them to be confident or feel like another person? I don't know
do you feel like you're a different person whilsy on youtube? Do You feel more confident

Strangely yeah,I used to be REALLY shy,and that reflected in my first 20 or so videos,but now I feel more confident than ever!

No, I don't have an alter ego, but I should get one. :) I should start a video channel where I'm going all Gordon Ramsey on my viewers. My views would increase but it's hard for me not to just me myself. I'd make a horrible actor. Maybe I should take some acting classes. lol

I'm shy in person, but whenever I'm being recorded I feel very confortable, talkative etc etc, but I wouldn't say it's some kind of alter ego.

I'm a lot more quiet when I am not making YouTube videos. When my friends watch my videos they all say I sound different lol.

Depends on who I am with. If I'm with people I know well I'm just as eccentric and confident as I am in my videos. If I'm with people I don't talk to much then I'm much less loud and confident than I am in my videos.

I talk ALL THE TIME in my vlogs, when in person I am the shyest person you will probably meet lol.

I talk ALL THE TIME in my vlogs, when in person I am the shyest person you will probably meet lol.

This. Well I don't vlog ,but when I make youtube videos, I can be more of myself. When I was in school, I was that awkward loner kid that nobody would really talk to. But on youtube.....you get the point :p

This. Well I don't vlog ,but when I make youtube videos, I can be more of myself. When I was in school, I was that awkward loner kid that nobody would really talk to. But on youtube.....you get the point :p
I'm the same haha. Always the awkward kid with like no friends :( sad.

Back