Do daily uploads affect possible interaction and attention for each video?

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think a lot of it depends on the type of videos you're making and how well you can edit them. Since I do regular Let's Plays and occasional vlog type videos, I try to post 3 times a week and I'll spend many hours editting, but I also don't get too crazy because of the software I'm currently using.

I think also a good portion of it is how you start off. I've never really put too much thought into this, but I feel like it would make sense if you always stick with a consistent schedule so old and new people can see when you'll upload next. That always helps bringing people in.

LRwF

Super Poster
Reaction score
As daily vloggers posting daily is normal and the people who watch our stuff expect it. We have noticed that some of our videos dont get as much views as others depending on the day of the week, but because of tags and promoting it kind of balances out. I have noticed that as a smaller channel we can get away with merging days together and giving people a break (no one is going to complain about there not being a video unlike the bigger channels) which can help.

Jordan Pike

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Honestly, I think it really comes down to the viewer on weather or not they're going to watch your videos daily, if you're supplying. I do think the more videos you upload, the more chance you have of finding new viewers that might love watching your videos daily. Others might only catch a few of your uploads a week, but like the fact that there's more content for them to watch if they feel like doing so. I subscribe to some daily uploaders, and sometimes I'll watch there videos every day for a couple weeks, then I don't watch them more for a couple. But I know I'm glad in the end that they're always putting up new entertaining content. As the viewer, it's nice to have the option, you know? So yeah, a daily upload may lower the maximum results on one video, but overall, after uploading more and finding more viewers, your channel will grow faster and get more views in a certain time frame, vs uploading only once a week. Hope that was coherent.

Reactions: NathanielGE

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I think it really comes down to the viewer on weather or not they're going to watch your videos daily, if you're supplying. I do think the more videos you upload, the more chance you have of finding new viewers that might love watching your videos daily. Others might only catch a few of your uploads a week, but like the fact that there's more content for them to watch if they feel like doing so. I subscribe to some daily uploaders, and sometimes I'll watch there videos every day for a couple weeks, then I don't watch them more for a couple. But I know I'm glad in the end that they're always putting up new entertaining content. As the viewer, it's nice to have the option, you know? So yeah, a daily upload may lower the maximum results on one video, but overall, after uploading more and finding more viewers, your channel will grow faster and get more views in a certain time frame, vs uploading only once a week. Hope that was coherent.
good points especially the last sentence.

Reactions: Jordan Pike