Difference Between Your Internet Upload Speed Limit vs YouTube Videos Upload Speed Limit?

...Seems like it is like that, and probably the closer are Youtube servers to uploaders place/country, the easier/faster Youtube can receive it (imho)
btw: where are Youtube servers are located? Or its in multiple countries? - here im a complete noob :) never searched about in what country(s) Youtube servers are located...

Yeah, I never searched myself. I figured what's the use, it's not like I'm going to move just to be closer to a server or anything. Plus even if I knew the location of the server and saw that I'm uploading to a farther one (not sure where I'd see this anyway), if youtube doesn't give me the option to select the server I upload to then what's the point. just saying....

@IftiBashir, Very good youtube video upload speed! Seems like in UK Youtube gives much better upload speed.

But its still seems capped according to your stats - by roughly calculating your Youtube video upload is at ~15 Mbps (if i havent mixed something by calculating...) which is definitely more than enough for our needs, but your internet upload speed according your speedtest.net stats is 87 Mbps, which is several times faster than your Youtube video upload speed.

Another my try to figure out that its capped:
@Pavilion Plays has mentioned in other topic he can upload 300 mb-1gb files in 1-4 minutes - its pretty much the same time as yours, @IftiBashir, video upload time (2.5 gb in 8 minutes) while Pavilion Plays mentioned his upload speed is 17 MB/s while yours is 87 MB/s, and you both are in UK probably.

(@Pavilion Plays, i hope you do not mind that i posted your stats from other topic :) its for comparison, i think its informative in order to figure things out.)

Also by adding up @TouchGameplay informative message on this topic into count, so far from what info we gathererd it seems like capping limit differs from country to country (or maybe not even from country but from location... or maybe even internet service provider vs youtube "relationships")

Next time I upload I'll do a speedtest just before I upload, and will time the upload as well, and report back with the results ;)

2610875012.png

My YouTube uploads speed used to cap at 7Mb/s, but now it seems to upload at around 8.5 - 9.3 and wont go any higher than that. I'm in the UK by the way.

I uploaded a full 1080p 1.8GB video just yesterday - took 6 minutes.

I have uploaded a 2.5GB vieo a few weeks back in 8 mins.

I certainly do not find YouTube upload speeds capped.

Then again my speed is pretty good ;)

2575177258.png

You realized that you are capped if it took you to upload an 1,8 GB File six Minutes if you are able to make an Speedtest on your School Network with an 88 MB/s Upload Speed?

It`s easy Math:

1800 MB/88 Mb/s = 20 Seconds

Since it, according to you, took around six Minutes your are indeed as some of us have already predicted capped:

1800 MB/360 (6x 60 Seconds) = 5 MB/s

You realized that you are capped if it took you to upload an 1,8 GB File six Minutes if you are able to make an Speedtest on your School Network with an 88 MB/s Upload Speed?

It`s easy Math:

1800 MB/88 Mb/s = 20 Seconds

Since it, according to you, took around six Minutes your are indeed as some of us have already predicted capped:

1800 MB/360 (6x 60 Seconds) = 5 MB/s

I'm sorry but your calculations are wrong. I agree that the gentleman's YouTube upload speed is capped though, to round about 40 Mb/s.

There are one of two ways of calculating an estimated time for an upload:

The first way is converting the 1800 MB video into Mb, which is 14400 Mb. Then you want to divide this by the upload speed, which is 88, this comes to 163.63 recurring. Then you want to divide that by 60, which equals 2.72 recurring.

The second way would be to convert the upload speed from Mb/s to MB/s, in this case that would be 11 MB/s. So then you want to divide 1800 MB by 11 (upload speed), which comes to 163.63 recurring. Then divide that by 60, which again comes to 2.72 recurring.

MB = Megabyte
Mb = Megabit
1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits

Back