Difference Between Your Internet Upload Speed Limit vs YouTube Videos Upload Speed Limit?

Invisible

Posting Mad!
Hello fellows!

I recently have been chatted on the other topic about this issue on YTtalk, but it was off-topic question from my side so i just wanted to create separate topic right about that concern, if you can share on what speed you can upload files and is it (much) differ from your plan or speedtest.net measurement report?

I am pretty annoyed that i can not find the bug or information about youtube limits if there are any - why i cant upload files to youtube faster than i do now. It takes me upload about 30 min to 60 min a 1 GB file.

I know its not that bad and i can live with it but when my upload speed on speedtest.net shows ~30 Mbps

MntyL8Q.jpg

While Youtube upload speed when i upload videos is always somewhere between 500 kbps - 1.5 Mbps. :(

And its never been more than 1.5mb upload speed to youtube so im quite wondering are there some video upload speed limits/restrictions?

I researched today again the internet, found similar concerns from people having limited to a video upload speed up to 2 Mbps when they do uploading videos to Youtube, while their internet upload speed is few times faster (i found it on google forums that topic) which was left with no answer from google support forumers....

What about you fellows? Can you utilize the full upload speed that shows on speedtest.net and on your internet plan, or its same thing as with me?

Thank you very much for answers! :)

Thanks fellows for prompt responses,

@KGATV,
If you can utilize all your upload speed when uploading videos to Youtube you still do it ~3 times faster than me :)

@Kkushalbeatzz
Yes of course they never are same, mine too, during the year, my lowest upload number on speedtest.net when checked was 25 mbps, the hightest 50 mbps
(while promissed plan on contract is up to 100/100 mbps which i never seen that when measured on speedtest, lol)

But this screenshot is my todays measure, and today at similar time i tried to upload video to Youtube and the upload was little bit less than 1 mbps - its 30x times lower, than the speed test measure. Cant figure out the real issue :( and i wonder if you experience same issues that your video upload speed is much lower than the actual speedtest measurement at that moment? Just want to figure out if its Youtube limits or the problem is somewhere else...

As far as I can tell you the Income Traffic to the YouTube Server Farms seem to be definitely caped. Tried it out over the last couple of Months at Vix since I`m there like twice a Week adding new Servers to our current Racks and I did got at no point better results then up to 20 MB/s ~ 50 MB/s even we should get something between 700 MB/s ~ 800 MB/s. Hopefully that might change in the upcoming Years when Google finally builds their own Data Center in Austria as planned since a few Years.

I`m wondering if anyone from the States can report anything different when he is upload directly from a Backbone to the YouTube Server Farm.

35 Ping
6.25 Down
0.73 Up

At my mum's I have about a 3 download speed and similar Ping and Upload.

#AussieInternetFTW

@Sanuku, thanks for reply! that definitely makes sense, i also got impression (by comparing various replies on youtubers reported upload speed) that in different places in the world the speed is slightly different (according to peoples reports, but those reports can be also affected by their internet provider limits, if its smaller than Youtubes limit) so not much found info yet though on other places when was googling it several times, but it keeps coming with the replies here :) Thanks all for sharing, please keep sharing! :)

Edit:
@Chrisdragon, @Gunnishone
Thanks for replies! havent seen your messages when was composing this one :)

Back