Custom URL not changing?

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently hit 100 subscribers which meant that I was able to claim my custom URL which of coarse I did. Now when I go to advanced setting it is apprently changed to (Your custom URL: youtube/c/Tomthewildlife), however, when I go onto my page the URL still remains: UCDDiGi9sBcTnjRtSK67ZWSA. Does it take a while to come into effect or am I missing something?

Edmagician

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Same for me, idk why...

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
That's just how it works. Only older YouTube accounts accounts have a /user/ link when you visit their page. For newer accounts all a custom URL gives you is a /c/ url that is really just a redirect and doesn't override the main URL when people visit your page. Someone finding your page through YouTube will still see UCDDiGi9sBcTnjRtSK67ZWSA - there's nothing you can do to remove that, it's always going to be there. Someone using the /c/ link will initially see the /c/ link on the first page, but the minute they click the videos tab or anywhere else they'll see the UCDDiGi9sBcTnjRtSK67ZWSA url.

Just the way it is. The custom URL is more a convenience thing to make it easier for you or others to link to your channel since it's easier to remember than a random string of numbers/letters.

Reactions: KatyAdelson