Creating a thumbnail

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Hi Guys

I just about use Windows Movie Maker and not up with any other editing tool.

I am looking for advice on how to create a thumbnail please.

I restore toy cars and want to show a before and after within the thumbnail. (Diagonally overlapped)
I currently use a picture of the before only and viewers wait until the final reveal to see the result.

Im wondering if I show the result in the thumbnail I will draw more views?

Thanks for any advice

Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Check out gimp (free software) - There are loads of tutorials on YouTube itself. :)

i'd give more thought to that. they may get all they want from the thumbnail and not watch the video.
You are right. I put a poll up on my channels community tab and they voted to keep with the 'before' picture

If your looking for a programme to use with relative ease and don't want to pay for photoshop i'd recommend using Paint.net
It's a step up from the regular paint and has a number of features and effects that can help you make decent thumbnails for free. Better than that it's really quite easy to use!

Reactions: EVO
If your looking for a programme to use with relative ease and don't want to pay for photoshop i'd recommend using Paint.net
It's a step up from the regular paint and has a number of features and effects that can help you make decent thumbnails for free. Better than that it's really quite easy to use!
Thanks mate

There is no such a software in the link
you provided. Are you sure this is the right source you are reffering?

I have used powerpoint to make thumbnails as well. You can save a slide as a JPG. Also tube buddy has a decent built in thumbnail tool, you just have to use the creator studio classic to make the plug in work.

The closest thing to Photoshop CC/CS6 that I've used is Photopea (photopea.com). I don't think you can get any closer than it, haha.

It's 100% online and free (similar to Pixlr) but functions the same as a desktop version of Photoshop (you can't do EVERYTHING in Photopea that you can do in Photoshop, but it gets the job done for basic photo editing needs).

Cheers.

I use Photoshop for all of my thumbnail. I create them in 1920 x 1080, try to sharpen and saturate a little.
I also heard that SNAPPA is a nice free site to make thumb nails if you do not have a copy of photoshop.

Back