Copyright Issue & Warning for Others

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We've got a copyright issue on the account whereby a video is monetized by someone else.

I purchased a nursery rhymes collection from stockmusic.net.

Receipt - Blocked.jpg

It comes with a licence to use content on Yt.

Licence.jpg

Immediately after posting our latest video, I got a copyright claim stating there is copyrighted music, and it is monetized by the copyright owner. I clicked the button to lodge a dispute. I filled in all information, including all the purchase information, paypal receipt, link to the licence, etc, etc.

A day and a bit later, a few hours ago, I got the reply that the claim was rejected.

I am not going to appeal it. I can't risk the account because of 1 video.

Dispute Not approved.jpg

So I have removed the copyrighted song and placed a standard Yt library song.

I have also been in contact with stockmusic.net about this. I called them immediately, and the person answering stated that they have just become aware of this. They stated Drews Entertainment submitted their songs to stockmusic.net to licence for sale, but apparently the songs are also being managed by UMG, which has ContentId'd them on Youtube.

So the result?

I have passed onto stockmusic.net the fact that the claim has been rejected. So now I have a video with bad tags and title. It's getting good views so I don't want to take it down.

Next step?

Waiting for a response from stockmusic.net. If not, I will request a refund. A shame, I would like to use the songs, they are catchy!! And there's some other music I want to use from them, they have some catchy tunes for sale! But am seriously worried now :-(

So be careful even though everything looks legit, and not saying stockmusic.net is at fault, but there could be rights management and music ownership issues behind the scenes with multiple players that can affect your account.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is why I only use music from youtube's audio library. The problem is, anyone can make false copyright claims on music. Most of the time it's scumbags trying to make money off of other people's videos.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow man that is really annoying, I've heard before of people getting in trouble with this stuff including music released under creative commons. Good luck with it, hope they won't strike you for this, the dispute is probably valid (you being sandwiched in the middle of three parties but the only one with a problem) but you shouldn't receive a strike clearly.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is why I only use music from youtube's audio library. The problem is, anyone can make false copyright claims on music. Most of the time it's scumbags trying to make money off of other people's videos.
Agreed. Have to tread very carefully. I will now test upload any songs I sources anywhere outside Yt.[DOUBLEPOST=1476216701,1476216583][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow man that is really annoying, I've heard before of people getting in trouble with this stuff including music released under creative commons. Good luck with it, hope they won't strike you for this, the dispute is probably valid (you being sandwiched in the middle of three parties but the only one with a problem) but you shouldn't receive a strike clearly.
There should be no strike if "they" are happy to monetize it themselves.
I removed the song from the video, and put a Yt library song on it. Not as catchy, but it will have to do for now.

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
StockMusic.Net really needs to make this right -- they should not be offering music for royalty free licensing if they can not, do not, or will not actually ensure that those songs's content ID claims will be released.

Reactions: Shakycow