Copyright Help?

TylerBeyond64

Hey guys! I have a question about copyright in videos. So, if I put "All copyrighted material used under fair use for critical and review purposes." at the end of say a Top 5 video game characters video, will that allow me to put any video footage/music in the video?? Thank you!

Putting that in the description or end of a video does not change the fact that's it's copyrighted content, and could still lead you with third party claims, or potentially strikes.
But I am subscribed to this guy that puts that at the end of his top 5 videos and he doesn't have copyright problems..?

But he has 20 of those top 5 videos and they have been up for like a year.. Every video he puts the fair use and review stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1400533705,1400532979][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't know that, he could of gotten Matched 3rd Party Contents and Copyright strikes.

If you have to question it then don't do it.

You don't have to watch others .
No , putting articles and s**t in description won't help you .
If you want to avoid claims/strikes use Royalty Free Music and footage from publishers that give you the permission to use it .

But he has 20 of those top 5 videos and they have been up for like a year.. Every video he puts the fair use and review stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1400533705,1400532979][/DOUBLEPOST]

you're not getting the point here. If you didn't make the content and or don't have permission to use the videos then fair use is not going to save you against a strike or 3rd party claim if it gets hit, he may of put a fair use and review thing in his description or where ever but that doesn't save him either.

Back