Copyright claims on my COVER

GygaSHIFT

I've Got It
I got a copyright claims by a few people on my cover of 'Sexed Up' by Robbie Williams and It's just me playing guitar! Like what the hell YouTube xD

Did a "how-to" on makin minecraft art. Had a section that was timelapsed, and added some basic music to it. Was only a 4 note loop, and they tried to say I stole it

Well it is technically copyright so yeah........

Actually when it's a cover, it's its own piece of content free from the original. My own interpretation be it the same or different is something that I have preformed myself. So copyright there doesn't apply.

From youtube's copyright center;
"Recording a cover version of your favourite song does not necessarily give you the rights to upload that recording to YouTube. You may need permission from the owner of the underlying music in order to upload the recording legally."
It sucks, and I hate how youtube sometimes handles copyright claims, but it's part of their current policy, the copyright holder has the legal right to claim your video :/

Actually when it's a cover, it's its own piece of content free from the original. My own interpretation be it the same or different is something that I have preformed myself. So copyright there doesn't apply.
Covers really are not that black and white in the legal world... It's very much deemed as copyright in nearly every case :p

Back