Copyright claims on my COVER

GygaSHIFT

I've Got It
Reaction score
I got a copyright claims by a few people on my cover of 'Sexed Up' by Robbie Williams and It's just me playing guitar! Like what the hell YouTube xD

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's the thing about YouTube's copyright "detectives"...They suck at doing their jobs. :D

LyfeWithDragons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I once had one last year, no music, no graphics, NOTHING, but me talking to a camera. It was annoying.

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did a "how-to" on makin minecraft art. Had a section that was timelapsed, and added some basic music to it. Was only a 4 note loop, and they tried to say I stole it

LyfeWithDragons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did a "how-to" on makin minecraft art. Had a section that was timelapsed, and added some basic music to it. Was only a 4 note loop, and they tried to say I stole it
You did...:confused:

GygaSHIFT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well it is technically copyright so yeah........
Actually when it's a cover, it's its own piece of content free from the original. My own interpretation be it the same or different is something that I have preformed myself. So copyright there doesn't apply.

Rip the Script

Mr. Sarcasm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
From youtube's copyright center;
"Recording a cover version of your favourite song does not necessarily give you the rights to upload that recording to YouTube. You may need permission from the owner of the underlying music in order to upload the recording legally."
It sucks, and I hate how youtube sometimes handles copyright claims, but it's part of their current policy, the copyright holder has the legal right to claim your video :/

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
Actually when it's a cover, it's its own piece of content free from the original. My own interpretation be it the same or different is something that I have preformed myself. So copyright there doesn't apply.
Covers really are not that black and white in the legal world... It's very much deemed as copyright in nearly every case :p