Copying Someone's Style?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can def see influence in anyone, me honestly, the only person I've ever watched religiously was TheRadBrad but quit him after he started....repeating the same thing 100000000 times which is pretty much everyone but he's been slack a lacking in my opinion. I now watch Mark/Jack and they are hilarious. I don't copy any of them but they probably do rub off me and I don't even know it.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
To be honest, copying someone's work, personality, editing style etc is pathetic. If someone copies my style I would be so frustrated. In my opinion we should try to learn from our inspirations but we shouldn't copy them completely.

Reactions: Adelle

Adelle

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
"There is no such thing as an original thought"
But how you change and adapt upon that thought is what matters, as long as you bring something new and fresh to the idea thats all that matters.
I like that! I really do! But when I'm trying my best to put my own personality forth to the table, it doesn't seem to interest people.
Maybe I am boring?
sometimes i can see people who are trying to copy, when people are inspired thy take the idea, and make it their own. Not take the idea, and slap their own logo on it.

got this recently:
View attachment 38152
hadn't heard of IHE before this, but using royalty free music that a big youtuber has used is no good XD that's his now
I see XD What an awesome example.
Yeah, I think everyone is copying everyone. I guess that us smaller YouTubers just watch a lot of bigger channels so we might even do things they do, but we don't really notice it or whatever. I don't know what I'm saying, but I think it's almost impossible to be TRULY 100% original in your content.
Do you find yourself to be similar to someone? If so, who crosses your mind?
But I can understand what you're saying. A lot of people share the same interests/tendencies/etc. So maybe doing similar things is bound to happen.[DOUBLEPOST=1476382033,1476381849][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can def see influence in anyone, me honestly, the only person I've ever watched religiously was TheRadBrad but quit him after he started....repeating the same thing 100000000 times which is pretty much everyone but he's been slack a lacking in my opinion. I now watch Mark/Jack and they are hilarious. I don't copy any of them but they probably do rub off me and I don't even know it.
What do you mean by repeating the same thing over and over? Repeating his own style so he got boring?
To be honest, copying someone's work, personality, editing style etc is pathetic. If someone copies my style I would be so frustrated. In my opinion we should try to learn from our inspirations but we shouldn't copy them completely.
Dude I would be very angry too! (but sadly I don't have too much to copy from at the moment, so it's kinda sad)
Are you inspired by people that you watch?

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Dude I would be very angry too! (but sadly I don't have too much to copy from at the moment, so it's kinda sad)
Are you inspired by people that you watch?
Yup SUPERWOMAN is my inspiration. I can relate my personality with her. I am actually crazy like her but I dont copy her at all, I just show off in my style :D