Content Creator or YouTuber?

blacktigerpride

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been thinking about this for a while now. Is there a difference between a content creator and a YouTuber? There has to be a fine line that separates them but i don't know how to elaborate on this.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always thought a youtuber was someone who makes very simple content ie: lets plays

content creator actually takes days to make a new video

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I agree with the posts above on this topic. For me it's:

Content Creator is someone who creates simplistic, complicated and all kinds of content to show their friends, family and fans. Has no limitation.

Youtuber focuses on one or two types of genres only and has the main (or has already achieved) goal of doing Youtube as a full time job.

Reactions: blacktigerpride

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Content Creator for me is everyone who creates content for youtube, meaning it has a lot of videos.

Youtuber, is still a content creator but has achieve the goal of having youtube a source of income or full time. :)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I really don't like the term "content creator," just because it, to me (and only to me, I don't care if anyone calls themselves that) is so non-specific and it sounds very much like I'd be a cog in a machine. "I create content" just sounds like I'm filling up boxes. To me, I'm a puppeteer who makes videos on YouTube. I know personal essayists on YouTube, and artists, and game players, and reviewers, and comedians, and slice-of-life documentarians, but I don't think of any of you as "content creators" as much as "artists."

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Orangeguy587

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion a "Content Creator" is somebody who makes content just for the sake of it, whereas a "YouTuber" is more personal with their followers and with the content they produce.

Jes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is just a way to to define what you do to other people. Like if yours a party and someone ask you what you do for a living and you tell them you are a youtube some people will look at you weird but saying I'm a content creator could possibly open it up for a deep conversation about what you do. But in the grand scene of things they mean the same thing. Like police office and law enforcement or lawyer and attorney-at-law same thing basically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AllofTheAbove