Common issues that keep you under 1,000 subscribers

TriTri

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks for the advice.I have been doing everything I can to increase my subscribers. I feel like I have a good product and I just need to be found. I was hoping you would have some miracle answer, like... Clone your friends! lol. Just kidding. Anyways, I am able to take heart that I am already following your 3 biggest tips to grow. I have been studiously working (nonstop it feels like) to get lots of good quality content up on my channel. I have a brand I have stuck with, and I think my thumbnails are interesting, They stand out amongst others in 'Let's Play' searches at least.

So I guess I am saying I didn't take any new tips but it is nice to know I am on the right track.

I have only been putting out content for about 50 days, and I have gained 25 or so subscribers in that time. I wonder is that average? Does gaining subscribers lead to a snowball effect of subscribers?
Thanks in advance to any more advice you can give.[DOUBLEPOST=1476981641,1476981510][/DOUBLEPOST]
I tried to look at your page, and let you know what I thought of your brand and look. But your page link doesn't work! I would like to take a look! Just trying reposting your 'page title' in your account settings. =)
Whoops!!! I think i've fixed my channel link now!

FaceDisgrace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Tim, I'm subscribed to you on YouTube, read your stuff here regularly, and you truly do encourage me when I'm down about working so hard on a video and seeing 0 subscribers and 10 views for my efforts. Great advice, as always!
I had a friend that I made through YouTube that unfortunately gave up on it and deleted his channel. The friendship I built with him made me look forward to his videos, even though he was a small channel like me that definitely needed more practice (again, just like me). But over the course of a just couple months, I watched as his videos quality improved. We regularly watched and commented on each other's videos, and I honestly felt invested in his channel as much as my own.
Interacting with others won't just get you views and subsribers; it may very well lead to lasting friendships as well. I miss that guy, even though I didn't even know his real name!

arrghgarry

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi ,So how does one employ your services,quite a lot of people tell me I am their fave youteuber ,and lots of complints say I am funny different,my channel is very diverse as I sing original songs parodies ,commentate ,teach ,chat to japanese ,skits, food videos.eateries ,recently I had about 600 subs one month because of some memes about me lead to a quick spike.So if it is affordable please send me a link I would like to take a look ..thank you also a link to your book please

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I didn't read all 57 pages, but I got some really good advice from what I did read that I will start implementing immediately, thank you to Tim for the post, and for everyone who contributed to it, I know me and the boys will appreciate any growth we get from your tips and I'd bet we aren't alone. Thanks again!

Oliver Potter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just feel that there are far too many people out there that start YouTube for all the wrong reasons. Starting YouTube to measure your personal worth is dumb. Starting YouTube to get DAT cash is dumb.

Starting YouTube because you have a passion for creating is the right way. And even then, you can follow all the advice you want, you might simply not have what it takes to be one of the big dogs. Be happy with the small successes, and don't expect the tips and tricks that you get from other YouTubers to be the guarantee of views, subscribers or dat YouTube cash. I feel looking at your fledgling YouTube channel as a business is just not the way to go.
I TOTALLY AGREE! - The feeling I get when I create videos and edit them is indescribable, I love being creative. Finding better ways to make my content more pure and great! I love filming, I love editing and I love being in front of the camera, where else to be than youtube! 900 Subs at the moment and rising! I used to get so frustrated that no on is seeing my videos but after a while it struck me that I am not doing it for people to see my videos. It is a craft and my videos show evidence of progression of my editing, filming and confidence, throughout the whole stages of both Pre and Post-production! I

YouTube is about having fun! I fear that a lot of people have lost that. I sure did, but I am glad I have that fun side of me back!

Nafooney

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the advice! Slowly growing :)

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
with so many gaming channels out there how does making thumbnails stand out or all of the tricks help, when someone else probably has played the same game as you? what makes them wanna take a look at what you do when someone else has done it already? what strategy do we gamers have left to use to bring more attention to us?

MrBigTAnderson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well. That is a good question. What makes your gameplay special or different from someone else's I would have to think what the person brings to the table, but I could be wrong on that and I am just guessing. The whole thought of branding made me actually think "Who exactly is this for?" Currently, putting all this on paper so I can look at it another way, had some issues making videos this month unfortunately due to reality, but this should help me be able to come back with some more bullets in the gun so to speak.