Commenting glitch?

Batty About Toys

Toy Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For a couple of weeks now I have been having issues replying to comments that are left on my videos. I can like and reply to some, but not others. It's happening to at least one other Youtuber I know too.

Also comments that were never marked as spam and that I've already replied to suddenly end up in my spam box needing to be approved. Once I approve them, my replies to them are still there and it's like nothing happened.

I know Youtube has it's glitches but I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix it or of it's something that just needs to be waited out?

Reactions: Wowser Palooza

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've seen a couple of comments on my channel that I couldn't reply to. Don't know whyt it's happening, but my guess is that it has something to do with Youtube splitting with Google+. When I can't reply to a person's comment and they are asking me a question, I usually try to go their social media or leave a comment on their Youtube discussion wall.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It was an issue ever since the commenting system was moved over to Google Plus. I think them removing it from G+ should have fixed it, but apparently not because I Still get comments that I can't reply to too.

SuperSurpriseFun

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I'm not able to reply I usually send them a message, there are a bunch of videos on how to fix this problem, something to do with G+ being the devil.

About the spam comments, are you replying to comments directly in the notifications drop down? Spam comments shop up in those notifications, you have to go to the community page to see what is getting filtered. Hope that helps!

Wowser Palooza

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For a couple of weeks now I have been having issues replying to comments that are left on my videos. I can like and reply to some, but not others. It's happening to at least one other Youtuber I know too.

Also comments that were never marked as spam and that I've already replied to suddenly end up in my spam box needing to be approved. Once I approve them, my replies to them are still there and it's like nothing happened.

I know Youtube has it's glitches but I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix it or of it's something that just needs to be waited out?
We have the same problem. Also some comments only appear on our web browser but not on other devices. Weird

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm seeing a few comments, then they're disappearing a few hours or days later. I realise that the person might have deleted them but this does seem to be happening more often recently so there does seem to be something weird going on.

Batty About Toys

Toy Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When I'm not able to reply I usually send them a message, there are a bunch of videos on how to fix this problem, something to do with G+ being the devil.

About the spam comments, are you replying to comments directly in the notifications drop down? Spam comments shop up in those notifications, you have to go to the community page to see what is getting filtered. Hope that helps!
I'll usually leave them a note on their discussion page if I can't reply to them. Haha at G+ being the devil :D. I'll have to check out the videos. I use the community page for replying to comments, but I usually click the X to clear the notification before going to the community page, so maybe that affects it somehow? Or it's Youtube just being Youtube LOL