Comment Spam

Starfire

Reaction score
I've noticed that for some recent videos I upload, almost immediately someone throws in a
comment about 'click here for free music' or other stuff.

1st Question - Is there some place or page people see new videos just uploaded? Or subscribed to me
to just throw spam? If so, can I kick them off?

2nd Question - These comments show up as spam in my community folder, but I can't
click "Report Spam" anymore - the button doesn't work. Has this been disabled or is it
just me? I can just delete the comments.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been getting that too lately. It's annoying because I rarely get comments at all and I see that crap. It's either that or sub4sub requests... Maybe popular tags cause spam bots to hone in or something.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
For me also that is normal for every new video :).. I think you can go to their profile and block profile, then they will not be able anymore to post on your channel. I know there is a lot of these spammers, but from time to time I see some of them are repeating, so blocking one by one will reduce the number of spamming comments significantly.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive had that recently on 1 video only. I approved it because I am a rebel.

Reactions: Reetae27

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It seems there is a way these spammers can send comments to newly uploaded videos. I get them almost immediately after uploading and they hardly ever make sense so Im not sure what the plan is there. It ends up in spam filter anyway and I just delete them.

Its the more subtle spammers that you have to watch out for, they act nice at first then try to get you to sub them.

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately, it's something we have to tolerate or at least expect on YouTube, since there's a weird abundance of people who like to spend their time posting ads for their own crap on other people's channels -- as though that's ever worked. As though anyone has ever been like, "You know what, I DO like free music. I will click on your random link, total stranger."

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have gotten the typical "great video, keep it up, could you subscribe to this" Comment a lot, and recently I have gotten the "I love you, made video about you" comment a lot more lately, which is strange!
Then they typical multiple emoji comments which is obviously copy pasted!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Spam happens in all areas of social media. I found more comments are total spam on my personal blog than on my YouTube videos, but they have been showing up more often. I get a sick bit of happiness whenever I delete them, I'll admit. :)

Starfire

Reaction score
Thanks for the relies....although my questions aren't being answered.
Does your "Report Spam" button work? Mine doesn't.