Collaboration is the key for new channels

pixellent

Reaction score
I'm making Youtube videos since almost 10 years and I own a couple of different channels including a new one I've started couple of months ago. The biggest problem about it though; it is hard to start from the scratch.

Building up an audience is a pain! But I strongly recommend collaborating with similiar channels.

I know lots of Youtubers won't even reply to your collab request but don't give up and keep asking others. Usually, smaller channels are more willing to do this. Don't be like "He/She doesn't have much subscribers" because even just one viewer is very important for you in the beginning.

Collab videos were a great help for me in the past, and I'm still looking for opportunities and occasionally ask people about it. Try it, you won't regret. :)

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd love to try a collab with other small youtubers, but I wouldn't know how I could collab with the type of content I make.
(I just started so I only have one video but that doesn't really matter).
This is great advice though, it might apply better to other channels than mine :)

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Lmao great advice, except personally the hardest part is actually finding people to collab with, and seeing how you can collab and such. I personally kinda suck at reaching out so yeah

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any advice on how to find people to collab with? Also any advice on how to request a collab with someone?

pixellent

Reaction score
You can use Youtube to find people to collab with. Check out your own channel page and sometimes Youtube actually shows similiar channels accurately. Or see the related videos when you're watching your own. It's not the greatest way but it works.

And when you find similiar content creators, just send them a message. But a lot of Youtubers don't even check their inbox (lol) so I think it's better to leave a comment on one of their videos or simply send them an e-mail. That's what I did.

yttalk also has tons of people who are willing to do a collab.

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use Youtube to find people to collab with. Check out your own channel page and sometimes Youtube actually shows similiar channels accurately. Or see the related videos when you're watching your own. It's not the greatest way but it works.

And when you find similiar content creators, just send them a message. But a lot of Youtubers don't even check their inbox (lol) so I think it's better to leave a comment on one of their videos or simply send them an e-mail. That's what I did.

yttalk also has tons of people who are willing to do a collab.
Thank you!

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I've always wanted collab with some of the friends I've made on youtube, but honestly, it's just so difficult to plan stuff with my schedule! It is really helpful though, one of my friends did a video with one of my other friends on this site and his channel grew a good amount which was super nice to see!

Reactions: Firefang

Sickly Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great advice but it's easier said than done unfortunately:(

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Im always open to the idea of a collab but my niche doesnt really lend itself to the idea in terms of finding others... :(:cold: