Click this if you want to get 100 SUBSCRIBERS!

Baetus

Member
Hello everyone,

I made a big list of things you really need to do in order to become successful on youtube. This list is the best one you'll probably find. Why is this true? This is the total list! I promise, you'll like it. Even though it's a lot of stuff you need to read.


Note: Yes, when youtube just launched it was easier to become a popular youtuber. Don't think it's gonna be just as easy as youtbers tell you. What I’m trying to say is: They randomly posted video’s and suddenly got 100k views.

This will pretty much never happen anymore. Accept it. They started out earlier than you. It's way harder than before. Don't complain it's hard, because it is.


Okay so let's get started!

First you got to set up your account, this is very important! There are a ton of tips on youtube. This is very important because people know you're professional from the start. This makes them subscribe faster to you than some other random guy that shares bull sh*t.


VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: When you create anything on your channel, make it catch peoples eye. This way you'll promote yourself and people will click your video over others. If you edit your video, think that video will become big on youtube.



Now you think "ok I am set, let the subscribers flow in", right?


Wrong.


You need to make video's in order to get subscribers, sounds fair right? Well, in order to get these video's to be exposed, go to forums, be active. Congratulations! you're on one of the best forums to promote your channel. Now where are the best places in the forum to get people to notice you? I will tell you!



Now I know you will think "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS - I HAVE THINGS TO DO!"


If you don't have the time for it, youtube isn't the place you want to be. If you want fans you have to do the hard work to earn them.


And that involves being active on forums. You can also be active in the chat at the bottom right of the page but be mindful that people there are not your slaves to subscribe to your channel, and thus no advertising or soliciting of your channel, talking about it, linking it, asking for subscribers, etc. is allowed. It is for general questions and just general chat. If you want people to subscribe to you, simply show what kind of a person you are - get involved!



This is a good list of places to go in order to get some subscribers!


  • Twitter - seriously, just search for "looking for youtubers" and you will find posts from people actually ASKING what youtube channels people recommend they follow - people want to follow people, they just don't know they exist?

  • Google+ - if you join communities here you might get some followers - there are even youtube communities for subscribers to follow you - but unfortunately if you spam your videos in a lot of them they will shut down your google+ - rather counterintuitive..

  • Facebook - your bread and butter platform for promoting - there are a lot of facebook groups too that are more than willing to subscribe to you - so check them out!

  • Reddit - reddit will get you a LOT of views if you play your cards right - but it can also get you a LOT of hate and dislikes - the reddit community is VERY critical. This is very important to know, because this is the best place, but hardest forum to get on top of the search results. But if you succeed, you will grow LIKE CRAZY Also you can only have a 10% promotion ratio of your content on reddit - so if you post 1 video from your page - you will have to post 9 unrelated things not related to you to balance that ratio out, or your videos will simply stop showing up on reddit and you could be banned. Reddit is a community, not a place for you to simply dump your stuff. BE ACTIVE

So what else can you do?


  • a) Find some big channels, and start commenting on them - subscribing isn't even about how good you are - in the end everything is in how much EXPOSURE you get - how many people know you exist - so make yourself as visible as possible - and big channels get LOTS of views! Don’t go to PEWDIEPIE or some youtuber that's that big. Nobody will look at it, because so many people do it that way. But, that doesn't mean you can't try.

  • b) Upload a LOT of videos. Not a lot every day but at least every day, couple days, or a week at worst - people want to see you are consistent in uploading new content - it's not even about consistency of content itself - you can be all over the place - people just want to know you are ACTIVE.

  • c) While an intro imo is not as important, having a good outro is, as people literally need to be TOLD to subscribe to you - they are a bit like sheeple in that regard - they simply forget. I personally grew 200% on my channel because people found it interesting. Make your intro not longer than 10 seconds, because people will be irritated and that's something you don't want to happen. You want to keep your viewers happy!

  • d) Thank your fans every now and then, or at least communicate with them - if you get comments RESPOND to them - this means the world to people as it makes them feel you care about them and that a larger than life person actually spent the time to engage with them - this will get you loyal followers. Also, show them you love them - the things fans want most is to know you acknowledge them - you are "Senpai" - and all they want is for "Senpai" to notice them so they feel part of your life. A senpai is kind of someone that doesn't notice a lot of people. So good examples are youtubers. You can also use the SOCIAL MEDIA to engage with your followers. I can't stop saying this. This is VERY IMPORTANT.

  • e)Be REAL - if you are super fake in your videos you will only get novelty subscribers and fair weather followers who only follow you for the spectacle and as soon as that "character" you playstarts to wane they will unsubscribe from you - be genuine, and show people what talents you have

  • f)Beunique - I am sure a lot of you have notice this network is like 99% gaming and "lets play" channels - when millions of those exist it doesn't bode well for your subscriber base - why subscribe to you if 50 other people are doing the same kinds of videos? At that point you really have to step up your game and either make your gameplays unique or branch out and do more than one thing - diversity in channels is getting more popular, and allows you to monetize your videos. Remember, if your letsplay contains audio from the game, you CANNOT monetize it - as the game owns that audio, NOT you.

  • g)Know where the traffic of people are, where they go the most, and plant yourself there so that people see you - if people need help on a specific subject be there to answer their questions - kind of like this thread is helping you right now.

  • h)KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE - seriously this is one of the most important. For example, let's say you are a big beefy hairy boy, and you make.. oh I dunno.. videos talking about merchandise. You might think oh who is gonna wanna look at me - I am big and hairy. Well, in the gay community, there is what is called the bear community, and they WORSHIP big hairy men, so, some people, like me, will follow someone based on sex appeal alone - so if you were to show a little skin, and advertise it the right places, you might suddenly get a LOT more attention - sex sells, as does catering to the right demographic!

  • i)USE ANALYTICS! Ohhhhh this is very, very important. Youtube analytics will show you what people like the most from you - what places you link your stuff to get you the most traffic, how many people a day subscribe to you and unsubscribe - and how much revenue you get - very vital - if you don't understand the health of your channel you can never work to fix it. Your growth will ebb and flow too, so don't feel discouraged. I'd recommend TubeBuddy, (no they didn't ask me to do this, I don't have the intention to promote them, I just like their Analytics system.
  • j)SUBSCRIBE TO OTHER PEOPLE - this is the most important, especially at the start - and not so that they will subscribe to you, but because you LIKE what they output. If you want people to subscribe to you, you have to be interested in them first. They will maybe be interested in you too!
IF you want subscribers, you have to care about other people, which I am noticing a very severe lack of - those who complain the most are usually those who care the least about others.

If you have problems getting tools you can always join networks, i'm in Freedom. You can choose between different networks, you can just look it up on Youtube.

Well, that's my advice to you all - hopefully it helps! Please share this post if you like it on Twitter or Facebook or even Youtube. Just give me credit.


Thanks,


-Daniel, Founder of VariGamesGlobal


PS:

WOW YOU READ EVERYTHING, AWESOME!
 
Well, I got some ideas from other threads on various forums, but I wrote this down myself.

All I'm saying is, most of these tips have been covered here several times. I don't doubt that you wrote it yourself.
What frustrates me slightly is the recycling of ideas.

Also subbing to other people in hope that they sub back is not really that great of an idea. Or promoting here. You get a lot of dead subs. Maybe they interact with you a few times but after that...nope.
I see it on a lot of channels here with respectable amount of subs but under 100 views per video.
That happens when you promote your a** off to get subs.
 
All I'm saying is, most of these tips have been covered here several times. I don't doubt that you wrote it yourself.
What frustrates me slightly is the recycling of ideas.

Also subbing to other people in hope that they sub back is not really that great of an idea. Or promoting here. You get a lot of dead subs. Maybe they interact with you a few times but after that...nope.
I see it on a lot of channels here with respectable amount of subs but under 100 views per video.
That happens when you promote your a** off to get subs.

You're absolutely right about that. I see that fairly often too. That's why you need to keep making video's. Because sometime people WILL stick to your channel, it's just a matter of time when you get a certain subscribers milestone.
 
You're absolutely right about that. I see that fairly often too. That's why you need to keep making video's. Because sometime people WILL stick to your channel, it's just a matter of time when you get a certain subscribers milestone.

I think my content is totally different than most here but churning out videos every other day does not seem like a great idea to me. It's just generic noise and who really is interested in it?

You can make thumbnails like a bomb went off in a paint shop, you can tag your video like a total pro, you can fine tune your SEO like a Tim Schmoyer...
If you're a unknown gaming youtuber, nobody wants to see you play for an hour, every day. Nobody cares.

I'm not a gamer but I've watched few DayZ vids by Frankie. He takes the time and makes extremely good quality content.
 
I hate to be this critical, and I'm sure you're just trying to help, but if you're going to create a thread and call it "The Ultimate Growing Guide on views + subscribers" and not have the subscribers and views as social proof, it is not very trustworthy. It's like having a very obese person give exercise and fitness advice. Even if the advices are great, no one will trust that person.

It would be better if you made a thread on a more specific point like, "How to get subscribers on Twitter" and then explain and elaborate on the tip about searching for "looking for youtubers." Then provide some stats. Because if you said you got 80/100 of those subscribers in a week just from twitter, then you'll have everyone's ears
 
Last edited:
I hate to be this critical, and I'm sure you're just trying to help, but if you're going to create a thread and call it "The Ultimate Growing Guide on views + subscribers" and not have the subscribers and views as social proof, it is not very trustworthy. It's like having a very obese person give exercise and fitness advice. Even if the advices are great, no one will trust that person.

It would be better if you made a thread on a more specific point like, "How to get subscribers on Twitter" and then explain and elaborate on the tip about searching for "looking for youtubers." Then provide some stats. Because if you said you got 80/100 of those subscribers in a week just from twitter, then you'll have everyone's ears
Ahh, I see what you're thinking, he doesn't have a lot of subscribers so it isn't reliable.
Yes, you're right I don't have an amazing amount of subscribers.
But, I started Uploading 1 1/2 months ago, I got from 0 to 116 in 1 1/2 months! Amazing right? I'll change the title, how to reach your first 100 subscribers, it'll be more reliable because I have proof myself.
 
Back
Top