Channel URL

Kaitlyn Moore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I got a custom channel URL but when I click on my channel it still says UCmBMvykPuGkKDMRv1zrUFZw and it only has my custom url i I click on the link connected to my posts here on the forums. How do I make it so when anyone goes to my channel it has the custom URL and not the random letters?

xoxo Kaitlyn

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^^

The channel URL seems to be working fine for me, too. You can still type in
youtube.com/c/[USERNAME]/videos
youtube.com/c/[USERNAME]/about
youtube.com/[USERNAME]

and reach the correct pages. I believe it is working correctly. ^^

The custom URL is a simplified URL you can more easily give to people so they can find your channel. I think everyone's URL is still hooked up to the random letters URL in the background of YouTube -- even older accounts that have the /user/ usernames also have the random letters URL behind their channel. I believe the custom URLs work kind of like redirecting/forwarding thing rather than what we usually think of as a typical URL.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unless your channel is a couple years old (like mine, but I didn't start making videos actively til this year) I think you will always have that URL. I may be wrong, but I've noticed some bigger youtubers even have the url like you have.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Unless your channel is a couple years old (like mine, but I didn't start making videos actively til this year) I think you will always have that URL. I may be wrong, but I've noticed some bigger youtubers even have the url like you have.
This. Certain older YouTubers have /user/ URLs that cover up the nasty long string of letters. Unfortunately if you're a newer YouTuber that isn't an option any more, you can just get a /channel/ and /c/ name for your channel - but it won't cover up that string of numbers/letters when there. It just makes it easier for people to get to your channel in the first place.

doublec4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I find that sometimes my channel name doesn't work... EmbraceRacing ... I have a really old youtube account and the only thing that seems to work consistently is my username??