Channel denied YPP again for reused content, content is all original

After cleaning up my channel and deleting about 100 videos for "reused content" I reapplied, then 2 days later I got denied again for reused content. The new videos are all original and filmed by myself. If anyone can help me figure out why I'm still being denied, will be greatly appreciated. Here's a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DIYGarage7
Thanks.

In a nutshell...

DIY being shown without step by step commentary. Without your voice, YouTube's channel reviewers have no way of knowing that this is your original content. From the Monetization Policies section of YouTube Help...

"Reused content. This is content that doesn’t provide significant original commentary, or educational value. It may also mean that we’ve identified that large portions of your channel either completely match other content, or are noticeably similar."

This is from the channel page: "Repurposing someone else's content without adding significant original commentary or educational value." I don't have anyone else's content, its my own. So that can't be it.

Maybe adding subtitles will help?
If you can add something educational/informative about what's happening in the video, it would be more orginal. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Videos with no commentary and some using stock music (as far as I can tell) is probably causing issues.

This is from the channel page: "Repurposing someone else's content without adding significant original commentary or educational value." I don't have anyone else's content, its my own. So that can't be it.
And what I posted was taken directly from the YouTube Monetization policies! It doesn't matter if it is your own content or someone else's; if there isn't enough original commentary to tell the channel review team that this is in fact your own work, your review result will be "Reused Content", with the explanation given on your monetization page.

Look; I am a Silver Level Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube, and I answer this very question on the YouTube Support Forum many times a week. I know what I am talking about.

Maybe adding subtitles will help?
If you can add something educational/informative about what's happening in the video, it would be more orginal. Hope that helps!
No, adding subtitles won't do anything to tell the channel review teams this is the user's own work. They are looking for some type of personal presence like facecam or voice. The hands in the videos I saw could have belonged to anyone; and this is exactly how the Channel Review Teams think. They don't know whose content it actually is, and so return a "verdict" of repurposing someone else's content.

Last edited:
And what I posted was taken directly from the YouTube Monetization policies! It doesn't matter if it is your own content or someone else's; if there isn't enough original commentary to tell the channel review team that this is in fact your own work, your review result will be "Reused Content", with the explanation given on your monetization page.

Look; I am a Silver Level Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube, and I answer this very question on the YouTube Support Forum many times a week. I know what I am talking about.

No, adding subtitles won't do anything to tell the channel review teams this is the user's own work. They are looking for some type of personal presence like facecam or voice. The hands in the videos I saw could have belonged to anyone; and this is exactly how the Channel Review Teams think. They don't know whose content it actually is, and so return a "verdict" of repurposing someone else's content.
But what about 5 Minute Crafts and HowToBasic? There's no specific person or face inside the videos, only a watermark. So in fact this could be ripped too. I think it's unfair to automatically lock out original content creators using visualization to showcase their own creativity.

Last edited:
But what about 5 Minute Crafts? There's no specific person or face inside the videos, only a watermark. So in fact this could be ripped too. I think it's unfair to automatically lock out original content creators using visualization to showcase their own creativity.
Probably cause the tuber is making it right?

Could it be that I have affiliate links in the descriptions? Or that I just don't have enough content to provide context to my channel??

Back