Changing a video title?

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It'll only make your videos better, so I say go for it. I've seen people do it before and it's never negatively affected their vids.

Americanclue

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hiya,

I've been contemplating going back and fixing some of my titles, adding some keywords and just making the presentation better title/thumbnail wise.

I was wondering what the repercussions of doing this would be? Does it affect anything to do with the search results or how people are able to find the video? I don't see it very often and there are rumours about what it does, but I haven't been able to really confirm anything from googling.

I'm going to spend today checking around forums and whatnot, but this forum has always been helpful, so I thought I would throw it here. If this is the wrong board, feel free to move it, ha.

Thanks all,
Dean.
YES DO IT DEFINITELY IMPROVE THOSE KEYWORDSSSS

PseudoExon

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes Its nice to change the title in your vids to benefit because shorter titles will attract a good majority of people. And I say that because in search forums people will not always flock to Long titles if you are growing.

Kyle GWG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I did that once with a Defiance gameplay video I did. Was averaging a couple hundred views a day on it, dropped down to about 2 a day. Got completely re-ranked. I would be weary of it.

Edit: I should point out that I have updated descriptions and tags without it affecting the search rankings negatively