Caps with tags or No Caps

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does anyone know the answer to this question?

When using the YouTube tags does the tags you use have to have capital letters or lower case or does it even make a difference?

For instance

Gaming, gaming

will YouTube see this as the same search or individual searches?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Does anyone know the answer to this question?

When using the YouTube tags does the tags you use have to have capital letters or lower case or does it even make a difference?

For instance

Gaming, gaming

will YouTube see this as the same search or individual searches?

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

I'm 99% sure that tags are not case sensitive. So there's be no difference. Something I'm not sure about though is how they treat words with accents. Example: Is "garcon" considered the same as "garçon" ?

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

I'm 99% sure that tags are not case sensitive. So there's be no difference. Something I'm not sure about though is how they treat words with accents. Example: Is "garcon" considered the same as "garçon" ?
Tags are definitely not tag sensitive. Sometimes they are not even order sensitive if you do them right. (Like let's say people search up "murder gmod" and "gmod murder". And you put your tags "gmod, murder" and not "gmod murder"; then either search phrase is close enough that you'd be ranked the same way.)

Metadata usually ignores "#". So it's only used for Organic metadata fields (description, captions or titles) but having "#Jakepaulisover" & "JakePaulisover" is really the same tag. You'd want to use the hashtag if it's text is likely to be seen by viewers while with tags you can forgot the hashtag.

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry for putting this in the wrong page. Thanks for your feedback that does save me time not having to duplicate my tags.