Can I have some feedback on my entire channel? Criticism welcome ;)

FantasticFreakingGaming

Well-Known Member
Hey there guys and gals.

Now when I say entire I say it because I honestly don't have a specific thing to be reviewed. I just want to know what you guys think when you first go on my channel and see a video.

So I started My youtube channel officially this Wednesday just gone and After 4 days I've been getting some good views and I have a fluctuation of subs as they have increased and decreased but now I'm feeling like I need some feedback. So if any of you kind people here at YTTalk would be kind enough to review my channel and give me any feedback It would be much appreciated! Criticism since after all I'm here to improve haha.

P.S I understand my first video is terrible. I sound monotone and the audio is very bad and crackly. But my other two videos I have improved on.

Anyway Thank you in advanced for your feedback. I look forward to reading.
 
Last edited:
Your commentary is good, it's not just meaningless swearing or blank and empty, and for your latter two videos at least, your tone fluctuates to show that you're enjoying yourself which would keep viewers engaged. The channel banner and profile picture is good, but your thumbnails could use some work. I think you could really benefit from some more creative and non-stock looking typography. The typefaces you use in your thumbnails not only seem to look generic and don't really fit in with the theme of your video or your channel, but they also somewhat get lost in the image that is in the background of your thumbnail. SUBTLE branding on your thumbnails would of course help your videos stand out as yours more as well as add to the nice red aesthetic that you have on your channel. Also, emphasis on the subtle because it is completely obnoxious to have outrageous and quite frankly arbitrary art obscuring the view of the main concept of the thumbnail. The 15 second intro is rather annoying because it makes the viewer have to wait longer than they planned to in order to see your core video. Either shorten it or scrap it and problem solved. As for everything that I haven't mentioned yet, I think it's good, so just fix the thumbnails to be more enticing and you'll be on your way to being a more successful YouTuber.
 
Your commentary is good, it's not just meaningless swearing or blank and empty, and for your latter two videos at least, your tone fluctuates to show that you're enjoying yourself which would keep viewers engaged. The channel banner and profile picture is good, but your thumbnails could use some work. I think you could really benefit from some more creative and non-stock looking typography. The typefaces you use in your thumbnails not only seem to look generic and don't really fit in with the theme of your video or your channel, but they also somewhat get lost in the image that is in the background of your thumbnail. SUBTLE branding on your thumbnails would of course help your videos stand out as yours more as well as add to the nice red aesthetic that you have on your channel. Also, emphasis on the subtle because it is completely obnoxious to have outrageous and quite frankly arbitrary art obscuring the view of the main concept of the thumbnail. The 15 second intro is rather annoying because it makes the viewer have to wait longer than they planned to in order to see your core video. Either shorten it or scrap it and problem solved. As for everything that I haven't mentioned yet, I think it's good, so just fix the thumbnails to be more enticing and you'll be on your way to being a more successful YouTuber.
I agree, I don't know what you use to make your thumbnails but there are YT tuts for how to make better thumbnails because your recent commentaries are good but your thumbnails aren't at the same level of how your YT banner or YT profile pic look or the channel layout.
 
Your commentary is good, it's not just meaningless swearing or blank and empty, and for your latter two videos at least, your tone fluctuates to show that you're enjoying yourself which would keep viewers engaged. The channel banner and profile picture is good, but your thumbnails could use some work. I think you could really benefit from some more creative and non-stock looking typography. The typefaces you use in your thumbnails not only seem to look generic and don't really fit in with the theme of your video or your channel, but they also somewhat get lost in the image that is in the background of your thumbnail. SUBTLE branding on your thumbnails would of course help your videos stand out as yours more as well as add to the nice red aesthetic that you have on your channel. Also, emphasis on the subtle because it is completely obnoxious to have outrageous and quite frankly arbitrary art obscuring the view of the main concept of the thumbnail. The 15 second intro is rather annoying because it makes the viewer have to wait longer than they planned to in order to see your core video. Either shorten it or scrap it and problem solved. As for everything that I haven't mentioned yet, I think it's good, so just fix the thumbnails to be more enticing and you'll be on your way to being a more successful YouTuber.
Thanks for the feedback man! I really appreciate it. I had a feeling the intro was a bit too long but wasn't a 100% sure. I will either try and find a new one or scrap it completely. I realised my first video I was too monotone so in my newer ones I decided to actually fluctuate in my the way I speak and I realised it sounded a lot better. My thumbnails I have heard aren't good quality. I am going to work on my Photoshop skills since I'm not the most creative cookie in the pot. Thanks again for your feedback you are awesome!

I agree, I don't know what you use to make your thumbnails but there are YT tuts for how to make better thumbnails because your recent commentaries are good but your thumbnails aren't at the same level of how your YT banner or YT profile pic look or the channel layout.
I currently use Photoshop for my thumbnails. I will try to work on my thumbnails I just need to find some good tutorials on how to make good ones. Thanks for the advice.
 
Thanks for the feedback man! I really appreciate it. I had a feeling the intro was a bit too long but wasn't a 100% sure. I will either try and find a new one or scrap it completely. I realised my first video I was too monotone so in my newer ones I decided to actually fluctuate in my the way I speak and I realised it sounded a lot better. My thumbnails I have heard aren't good quality. I am going to work on my Photoshop skills since I'm not the most creative cookie in the pot. Thanks again for your feedback you are awesome!


I currently use Photoshop for my thumbnails. I will try to work on my thumbnails I just need to find some good tutorials on how to make good ones. Thanks for the advice.
If you have photoshop then you should find a great quality tutorial easy :) I currently use GIMP for all my channel art and my profile picture on here because I don't have the money for photoshop but I know you can make professional thumbnails with it!
 
Back
Top