Can having a broad spectrum of topics affect my channel getting monetized?

Kira1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everybody,
I was wondering if diving into different topics on my channel will have an effect on me getting accepted on the monetization program? If I meet the requirements and my channel is in good standing will not having a specific "niche" hurt me and not get me accepted? I don't want to waste a lot of time filming and editing and then not get accepted.

Reactions: Nevy

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
it's good to narrow things down to fewer topics, for example I like doing "interviews" & "camera gear reviews" = can keep doing both on same channel since during an interview camera gear can be tested to show how it performs. Guess you can throw a few vlogs in there for testing camera's stabilization.

Reactions: Kira1

Kira1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it's good to narrow things down to fewer topics, for example I like doing "interviews" & "camera gear reviews" = can keep doing both on same channel since during an interview camera gear can be tested to show how it performs. Guess you can throw a few vlogs in there for testing camera's stabilization.
Thanks for the reply I was asking will affect getting accepted in the partnership program or not. I haven't started yet but I have everything set up and will make a lot of videos and publish them 3 or 4 days every week on different topics, if I do that and hit the 1000 subs and 4000 hours requirement; can I still get rejected because my channel is all over the place when it comes to a specific topic?

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
can I still get rejected because my channel is all over the place when it comes to a specific topic?
hopefully someone with more experience will pitch in
I haven't started yet but I have everything set up and will make a lot of videos and publish them 3 or 4 days every week on different topics
it can take years to get to 1k subs

Reactions: Kira1 and Nevy

nay1995

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
literally anything these days ,mine was monetized for years and then randomly got removed as i didnt meet their new subscriber guidlines.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
mine was monetized for years and then randomly got removed as i didnt meet their new subscriber guidlines
do you mean the channel was closed/deleted? or only monetization was turned off? reason I am asking is because channel link you have has no videos but 24 subscribers

Kira1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
literally anything these days ,mine was monetized for years and then randomly got removed as i didnt meet their new subscriber guidlines.
Which guideline exactly do you mean? the 1000 subs?

GregD

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I doubt having an eclectic channel will affect monetization at all. Our main channel is all over the place. We have short films, live streams, cutdown episodes, even some feedback we did on a congressional hearing. Went through monetization review in about two days without a hitch.

I don't think YT cares if you're all over the place - your subscribers on the other hand might. I think there's a lot of value in having a homogenized audience, since people are expecting whatever video they subbed on to be the kind of video you put out.

Reactions: Kira1

Kira1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I doubt having an eclectic channel will affect monetization at all. Our main channel is all over the place. We have short films, live streams, cutdown episodes, even some feedback we did on a congressional hearing. Went through monetization review in about two days without a hitch.

I don't think YT cares if you're all over the place - your subscribers on the other hand might. I think there's a lot of value in having a homogenized audience, since people are expecting whatever video they subbed on to be the kind of video you put out.
Thanks so much for the reply, I wanted someone who had a channel that was all over the place give their input.

Reactions: Imad Eddy and GregD