Can anyone explain this?

Explorationnation

I was at 800 subscribers or so and most of my vids would get 21 to thirty thumbs up, and a fifteen to twenty comments from my loyal subs. One of my videos went viral sort of and I gained a ton of subscribers and my daily views are just insane, it's been like 2000 plus views a day for a week or so. My question is last night I uploaded my first video since that viral stuff happened. And it got two comments, and is at 12 thumbs up and only 138 views. I havnt seen it that bad since I had 200 subscribers. I cannot explain why the views are so low for that video. I have no clue, plus with all the new subscribers I figured there would be even more likes and comments. I've never had a video do that bad ever. It's kind of scary honestly, I don't know if YouTube glitched and didn't send my video to everybody. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Yes, I experienced same. Probably it is cause due to two reasons.
[1.] Your video tags which you inserted.
How? Let me explain. Use that tags which is searched most by people. I mean suppose "YouTube" is a tag and it is searched by people 1000000 times in a day. So you need insert that tags to get more and more views.
[2.] Your subscribers not got any kind of notification.
Please tell your subscribers to switch on the quick notification by clicking on "Bell" icon before the subscribe button. So whenever you upload any new video your subscribers will get push notifications in their mobiles via Mail and YouTube app.

I think this are two main reasons that you not got any views.

Thank You!

I don't understand why people subscribe and never watch but they do that! Maybe they haven't signed in a while ?

Okay I will try and change the tags for the video and see if that helps! That's the thing gaijillionaire, people always watch, there hasn't been one video that did that poorly even at the beginning. Who knows lol

Yt has a specific peculiarity.
People subscribe for specific videos, and for channels overall.

The people who subscribe to our Crushing Toys videos don't watch out Nursery Rhymes videos.
The people who subscribe for our Hello Kitty videos don't watch our Thomas the Train or Crushing Toys videos.

It is common to see a channel with a bunch of videos each with 5k - 10k views, then 1 video with 3M views, then the next few videos with 20-50k views.

Some/most people sub for videos and will only watch specific videos with specific tags. Others sub because they like you the personality or the channel overall, and will watch everything. this would happen at high sub levels, I'm guessing 250k+. That's when personality takes over specific video ideas and viewers want to be a part of the persona.

That's how some of our videos get 400k views in 2 days, and others get 10k views in 2 days.

Those 2000+ daily views you are getting are people finding the video from search or through suggested videos etc. Your other new video isn't being found by the same volume of people through search, so it is only getting views from active subscribers not from people in search. So the views will be much lower, and take much longer to come in (since your subscribers have to notice that you've uploaded something new).

Not all of your subscribers will even watch it, and some people just subscribe and never watch any more of your videos. Don't worry though, I checked out your channel, and it seems all of your videos are the same kind of content - so those people who subscribe from your viral video, if they do look at their subscription feed, will likely check out your other videos. Just don't expect it to necessarily happen all at once. If you have 1000 subscribers, only 200-300 of them might check out the video, sometimes less, sometimes more. So that's only 200-300 views outside of search.

If your video then gets into search rankings or gets into suggested videos, it'll start seeing thousands of views like your more viral video - but if it doesn't, it'll only be subscribers watching it so the number will be much lower.

My channel is a perfect example of this. My most popular video has 180,000 views, and I have 2.2k~ subscribers. If I post a new video, sometimes it'll only get 50-100 views if it doesn't rank in search etc. If it's lucid dreaming related (i.e. the same subject as my most popular video) then it'll get more, like 200+, but still only a chunk of my subscribers.. If however it too manages to rank in search, then it'll get 500-1000+ minimum.

I was at 800 subscribers or so and most of my vids would get 21 to thirty thumbs up, and a fifteen to twenty comments from my loyal subs. One of my videos went viral sort of and I gained a ton of subscribers and my daily views are just insane, it's been like 2000 plus views a day for a week or so. My question is last night I uploaded my first video since that viral stuff happened. And it got two comments, and is at 12 thumbs up and only 138 views. I havnt seen it that bad since I had 200 subscribers. I cannot explain why the views are so low for that video. I have no clue, plus with all the new subscribers I figured there would be even more likes and comments. I've never had a video do that bad ever. It's kind of scary honestly, I don't know if YouTube glitched and didn't send my video to everybody. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :)

Good luck.

Also, look into the exact time and date you uploaded it. A certain day, like Sunday, or a certain hour can affect the views you generate right off the bat, which can put you lower in the rankings.

Back