Brutally honest advice? :)

You seemed to have skipped me? >.<
There are still people that commented before you >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1399303176,1399302887][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just watching Dead Island:

Your intro is too long or too boring, it's just music with still images.
I can't read the red font, it hurts my eyes and blends in too much with the background.
There is no commentary... I'm literally just watching you play a game :/
I'm not sure I like that you've included your endslate buttons over the game's UI, it looks quite confusing and messy!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Oliver :)[DOUBLEPOST=1399303403][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd love a review when you have time please. I'm always up for constructive criticism (and I'm forever watching my own videos finding small errors which I wish I'd changed)

Thanks!
I loled, it's quite a specific channel though, I'd have maybe just left it at dubs and had it so you could expand to other people. I think if you get the right song, right person and it works well enough, it could be something that spreads around.

It's pretty similar to cassetteboy and other people that do the same thing at the moment though, I'd try to think of ways you can have a more unique spin on it, if there's anything else you can do though![DOUBLEPOST=1399303675][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you don't mind I'd love a honest review of my channel, it isn't going so greatly ;3

I think you could make the thumbnails more exciting, some of them look really clutter and messy at the moment or just amateur.

Maybe practise with photoshop more and improve your design skills, or, if you know somebody else who is already really good at that, see if you can work with them to create more exciting ones.

Audio Quality, editing and titles are all pretty good for the most part, I'd concentrate on collaborating with other channels and staying up to date with latest trends in youtube gaming[DOUBLEPOST=1399303960][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would love one please and thanks!
I was going to suggest upgrading mic and camera, but checked your latest video and you've massively improved both,

Your editing, music and content is great.

I think just hitting on the right topics and wording that people use when they are searching for tech is probably going to be the strongest thing you can do.

There's some free tools with google that suggest keywords, so maybe investigate with those and try to match your titles to the specific phrases that are being searched.

Thumbnails are good, I'd try a few other things and see if you can pinpoint what people are most likely to click on in terms of tech videos,

Hope this helps a bit!

Cheers!
Oliver :)

I loled, it's quite a specific channel though, I'd have maybe just left it at dubs and had it so you could expand to other people. I think if you get the right song, right person and it works well enough, it could be something that spreads around.

It's pretty similar to cassetteboy and other people that do the same thing at the moment though, I'd try to think of ways you can have a more unique spin on it, if there's anything else you can do though!

Thanks for the advice - we do hope to expand at some point, but hopefully we'll be known as a channel by a group of active subscribers when we do so. Sort of like baracksdubs, where he mainly does Barack Obama but every so often, he does other people e.g. Bill Clinton.

Glad you lol'ed too haha :D

I would actually really like your opinion on my prank channel, its at BookofKen.
Very much appreciative

There are still people that commented before you >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1399303176,1399302887][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was going to suggest upgrading mic and camera, but checked your latest video and you've massively improved both,

Your editing, music and content is great.

I think just hitting on the right topics and wording that people use when they are searching for tech is probably going to be the strongest thing you can do.

There's some free tools with google that suggest keywords, so maybe investigate with those and try to match your titles to the specific phrases that are being searched.

Thumbnails are good, I'd try a few other things and see if you can pinpoint what people are most likely to click on in terms of tech videos,

Hope this helps a bit!

Cheers!
Oliver :)
Thanks man, will do. And by keywords, do you mean tags?

I think you could make the thumbnails more exciting, some of them look really clutter and messy at the moment or just amateur.

Maybe practise with photoshop more and improve your design skills, or, if you know somebody else who is already really good at that, see if you can work with them to create more exciting ones.

Audio Quality, editing and titles are all pretty good for the most part, I'd concentrate on collaborating with other channels and staying up to date with latest trends in youtube gaming

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, will work on everything ;D Sorry, I thought you skipped me haha!

I'd like an honest review as well. Specifically i'm wondering if I should be talking more if its a walkthrough type video instead of a casual let's play. I'm just trying to get through the game quickly so people can see the story fast.

Come and criticize my channel.I'm just getting back to making videos, and I'm looking on how to make my videos more entertaining and to get people to actually stay and watch.

Back