Botting. Necessary? Or pathetic and wrong?

I love the 2nd video a lot! I just had to mention this...Archfiend is the biggest hypocrite on the internet. That is all.
When I first saw the 2nd video I was shocked. Basically I had no clue such a thing existed on youtube. But I sure did learn quick and fast.

I was joking, love ;)
lol okay wink more next time or something :p
--- merged: Apr 24, 2012 2:26 AM ---
Let's stop the arguments between you two and let me explain:
There are two ways in which you can look at botting - 1. Botting is used for easy views as an eye opener for people, they use botting to encourage actual people to watch their videos; you see, if you want more subs then people are less likely to do so if our video has 10 views but if you have a couple hundred fake views then the person would be more inclined to sub. 2. There are the people who do this just for fame, they use botting to cheat the system and gain easy views early unfairly (this is how ray feels).

But then there is he case of these other websites that have real people wath videos of you do the same in return (this is what symph supports)

We all have our own opinions: no one should be getting angry at people using botting because its' their own choice. Myself, I'm against botting on a large scale however if you are offered a free sample that might end up helping you to have more popularity to gain subscribers, then what's to say no??

I have like no fake views .. my content is not that of a rock star and its pretty geeky yet I still have a following. I am verrry bad at promoting myself insanely bad no I am worse then bad because I am busy with other things. Yet somehow with the right tags people notice. I have very few videos with only a few views and if i do its because I literally plopped them up didnt put in a description and put in 3 tags and forgot about the video. I just dont see how someone can not get views just by networking and getting some subscribers who like what you do (i mean really like it.. ).

My opinion on the matter at hand is

*insert static noise here*

And that is how gingers took over the world! True story!

Botting overall is lame and it steals the true spotlight away from those who actually work hard to earn it. There is also a debate on How much you bot, if it´s thousands or millions and the difference between those. Honestly there is very little difference. Sure you won´t get noticed as fast with only 1 thousand views but it´s still the same deal as with 1 million views, Cheating is not the answer in terms of views. Buying views from non botters is "almost" as bad but it´s on a gray area but that is a whole other conversation that has been made before hehe

Sure we know there is a correlation between videos going viral and the views they receive. We can´t avoid the fact that a million views does make your video viral but there is a twist to it! If your video sucks salty balls and becomes "viral" via botting, you will be hated on. I´ve seen a recent correlation with views vs subscribers vs likes vs comments and somehow they are all growing apart in terms of numbers.

Saw a viral video the other day, had 2 million views, 10 likes/dislikes per 10k views, 1 comment for every 50k views and finally the account only had 4k subscribers. Most of the comments were "BOTTER" and "FAKER" and "YOU SHOULD BE BANNED".... I watched the video, it was a 8 year old girls first try at Vlogging and it went viral because she was talking about subjects that were years ahead of her such as famine, death, mass murder, suicide etc... The thing is, that video WAS botted by her. She wanted to get 1k views over night, left the bot program on, when she came back it was at 1 million views (lol) She then gained over 3 days the other million views for a total of 2.3 million views. She openly admitted in the video she would bot to 1k views just to get a little boost. When she said it I did not feel disgust, I felt the video deserved it. After all the hate that came with it she apparently closed her account, sad really because she really had potential! She was more precise than even I was when reading the YTtalk promo script (LAWL)... but you get my point, sometimes it´s bad, sometimes it´s good... It´s purely in the eye of the beholder (ooohhh cryptic muhahahaha)

Jonathan

I just think botting is pathetic, your paying for a computer program to view your video, therefore you make videos which are watched by no one except yourself. It's a waste of your time and money If you bot.

So that's what it is called. I had to google the term "botting" to find out.
This guy says it's against Youtube's Terms and Services. Is that true? If so, then it shouldn't be allowed.

So that's what it is called. I had to google the term "botting" to find out.
This guy says it's against Youtube's Terms and Services. Is that true? If so, then it shouldn't be allowed.
We really should rename the title haha! Botting is against terms of service. Botting is software that just gives you views on your videos. But buying views/subs/thumbs up (sometimes people get it mixed up) is not against terms of service. Why? I don't know since the subs you get are dead accounts. But since they are still real YouTube accounts you don't get banned. They both result in making your videos look like people are watching...therefore you trick new viewers into thinking you have a fan base. When of course they do not. Most of the time the video sticks out like a sore thumb and is then ridiculed for it. As they should be.

We really should rename the title haha! Botting is against terms of service. Botting is software that just gives you views on your videos. But buying views/subs/thumbs up (sometimes people get it mixed up) is not against terms of service. Why? I don't know since the subs you get are dead accounts. But since they are still real YouTube accounts you don't get banned. They both result in making your videos look like people are watching...therefore you trick new viewers into thinking you have a fan base. When of course they do not. Most of the time the video sticks out like a sore thumb and is then ridiculed for it. As they should be.

kk, Thanks for clearing that up.

Back