Botting. Necessary? Or pathetic and wrong?

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Let's stop the arguments between you two and let me explain:
There are two ways in which you can look at botting - 1. Botting is used for easy views as an eye opener for people, they use botting to encourage actual people to watch their videos; you see, if you want more subs then people are less likely to do so if our video has 10 views but if you have a couple hundred fake views then the person would be more inclined to sub. 2. There are the people who do this just for fame, they use botting to cheat the system and gain easy views early unfairly (this is how ray feels).

But then there is he case of these other websites that have real people wath videos of you do the same in return (this is what symph supports)

We all have our own opinions: no one should be getting angry at people using botting because its' their own choice. Myself, I'm against botting on a large scale however if you are offered a free sample that might end up helping you to have more popularity to gain subscribers, then what's to say no??
I couldn't have said it better actually. If you bot just enough to reach the threshold where you have a fair chance I pretty much see nothing wrong with that. If you bought until you have millions of fake views and 100s of thousands of fake subs... that's pretty awful.
--- merged: Apr 23, 2012 9:28 PM ---
I know nobody in the world should EVER get mad aye? Everybody love everybody huh?
This is true too, me and Ray are pretty close, if we get mad it's more like brothers quarreling, I assure you nobody is actually going to not be friends over this or anything. Not to mention, what I was mad about in the first place was a misunderstanding. Ray can pretty much say whatever he wants in this thread, that's what I made it for :)
--- merged: Apr 23, 2012 9:29 PM ---
It's the difference between telling someone you think eating meat is wrong because people are discussing it and you were asked, or seeing someone eat a hamburger and slapping it out of their hand and telling them they're bad. That's what I was p****d about earlier, I thought Ray was doing the latter. But let me reiterate, he WASN'T

Reactions: Michael

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I know nobody in the world should EVER get mad aye? Everybody love everybody huh? Makes me wanna puke. I'm done talking openly about this subject. You want proof you can cheat to become partner...you don't have to look that hard to find it...it's been on these forums. I'm sorry that doesn't p**s anyone off...
I agree with both you ray and symph, I just feel that the active people that you see on this forum who are the ones giving real advice and helping fellow people are the ones that abide by the youtube laws and work hard for their views. Obviously you get the odd one or two that will do something bad (which we all know well that we've seen), but you see all these people joining the forums purely for views, botting etc... we joined because we wanted to be a part of the community and know how it all works. I know there are plenty of those big youtubers that have used botting to get to the top and it feels unfair but hey, thats life, we all have opinions and whether we want to agree with what other people say is our own choice :/

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've always thought it's a bad thing, and that it's cheating the system. But recently I've recently been disappointed with my views, so I was contemplating joining one of those sites and using them to get a few more views, but I restrained because, I think, when I do get bigger and get more views they'll all be real people and I'll feel like I've deserved them more, and like I've accomplished something special.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I've always thought it's a bad thing, and that it's cheating the system. But recently I've recently been disappointed with my views, so I was contemplating joining one of those sites and using them to get a few more views, but I restrained because, I think, when I do get bigger and get more views they'll all be real people and I'll feel like I've deserved them more, and like I've accomplished something special.
Totally admirable. There are many practices people do to get ahead that may not be the most admirable thing you can do, but they are just what people do in desperate situations, but it's noble to choose to stick to your guns regardless of how uphill a climb it may be. If you change your mind and DO decide to join one of those sites, I won't think any less of you for it.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

these videos express how I feel about people who bot. I for one thought about doing it then I learned how the views are not real people so it would basically be as if i'm making videos that no actual person is watching.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

these videos express how I feel about people who bot. I for one thought about doing it then I learned how the views are not real people so it would basically be as if i'm making videos that no actual person is watching.
I love the 2nd video a lot! I just had to mention this...Archfiend is the biggest hypocrite on the internet. That is all.

Reactions: Symph

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Morals don't get you to the top. Do whatever it takes. Even if you have to step on a few fingers!

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I love the 2nd video a lot! I just had to mention this...Archfiend is the biggest hypocrite on the internet. That is all.
I LOVE how you put "that is all" at the end of that LOL

Reactions: itsameray

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
lol I will probably regret getting involved here, but reality is if your content is compelling enough and you work towards exposing it to the right group of people you will get views.

If your a singer make good music videos
if your a cook make good cooking shows

show your music videos to people who like music and show your cooking videos to people who like to cook. However from what I am seeing and here is where i am gonna be the bad guy again everyone seems to think its possible to be an overnight success. Its not.. you need to put out good quality content and brand yourself properly. If you are any good at what you do people will notice. However if your product is bad it doesnt matter how many views you have its still not going to give you any result. Videos go viral for all sorts of crazy reasons and they usually go viral for all the wrong reasons. A good portion of viral videos are paid for by large corporations who stack the decks in their favour to try to advertise the toothpaste or coke.. or whatever but its a gimic its not real and your not selling coke.

One other important piece of info . Those who cruise youtube looking for good material know that the front page of videos is botted and click down a few pages before even beginning to look at what is there.

*okay my video next step should be done now i can make another little blip in my cgi movie .. goes back to pulling my hair out*