Best Vlog Editing?

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So i've seen a couple Vloggers, but their edit is pretty rudimentary. I understand the camera play involved with Vlogs, its just that I need to study Vloggers with excellent editing skills so I can gain a basic understanding of how to do it. Now I haven't released a Vlog yet, as I want to come out the gates flying and have a well edited Vlog with something interesting content. Any suggestions to YouTubers that have good Vlog editing would be nice, or some general tips would be great too. :)

Reactions: Fox Beat

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

Reactions: Sladee

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm not a youtube or video editing expert and i also have same question with you, i hope we will get some advice from an expert here, i marked ur trhread with this comment... :")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darius Cosden

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Casey Neistat for one, Prankvsprank is another big one. Lost LeBlanc is a nice travel vlogger with very nice edits.

As for general tips, the best tip I can give you is to go out and try things out. Move the camera in some way to make a cool transitions, use your environment to enhance it with editing after wards (such as putting text on it), etc.. Really think outside the box.

My best videos have come out from me making a mistake, realizing that that mistake was great and then capitalizing on it. Just try random stuff and something good will come out eventually (after like 1000 not so good things haha)

Reactions: Sladee and Fox Beat

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I haven't done much vlogging myself. But one vlogger I enjoy watching is "Exploring With Josh." He travels the world and explores abandoned places and just overall gives his experiences and reactions to these locations. He walks the camera around like you're actually there and helps you see if you'd want to travel there yourself one day. Then he cuts to showing himself "selfie" style with the camera and also does time-lapses, drone shots, slow/fast motion shots and intertwines music with it. He's still improving with his editing but he is getting better each and every week. Try searching for him on Youtube and you might be surprised with how he's done it. Doing vlogging and having over 2 million subscribers does say something.

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Agree with the Casey Neistat comments above, however I think editing is only 50% of the battle. You have to make sure you get the "shot" too to fit together into the vlog, and the best way to do that is to go out and play with your camera and record things and try different recording techniques.

I also think the good premise of a vlog is the story. It has to tell a story (which I'm sure if you study Casey will come across in his vlogs too).

TheVlogTheory

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It's all about mixing the right shots with the right music and creating the perfect story. Casey Neistat is a prime example. First clip of the video should be something eyecatching but related to the video. Make sure to have a thumbnail that will make people click. Make the video interactive to the audience or whoever clicks on it for that matter. I'm a YouTuber of 8 years and now at nearly 19 I've finally gotten a grasp at all of these and more. It just takes lots of practice and dedication. There are so many examples out there that you can grow from, you just have to search for it!

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As editing is an art form, I'd look at some tutorials and other vlogger's videos to see what you like. As you want to come out of the gates flying, then I'd learn the techniques involved and I'd also do a lot of practice runs. Maybe do Instagram stories for friends to practice with.

But basically, IMHO editing is the last tool to make the shot footage tell the story you want. So think of the story first, think of the shots you want and need to tell the story. Then polish and reinforce that story in the edit.