Best network for small channels

FestusFX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I just started my channel and right now I have 140 Subscribers so I'm a small channel.
I don't want a network to gain a lot of money, but a good network that helps small channels.
With some tips or strategy's if you understand what I'm trying to say?
So if anyone know a good network like that, just let me know :)
Thanks

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
No network is good for small channels. There are really no benefits for you apart from loss of income. They can't help thousands of channels and give you all a platform, they focus of the big boys.

Reactions: Rails2Revolution

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have never even been approached by a network yet as you have to have a certain amount of views a day i think for them to consider you, it's very frustrating you also normally need to have at least 1k subs but even then it can't be guaranteed as you may not be getting the right amount of views thanks to inactive subscribers

Barney Bagon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Networks arent needed to be good. they might take half of your money you earn so dont do it. tube buddy isnt but it helps it be easier

Reactions: Rails2Revolution

FestusFX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I have never even been approached by a network yet as you have to have a certain amount of views a day i think for them to consider you, it's very frustrating you also normally need to have at least 1k subs but even then it can't be guaranteed as you may not be getting the right amount of views thanks to inactive subscribers
Yea I get it, but right now my subscribers are really active so that's good. And hopefully they all stay active and maybe later I can find a good network.

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I'd recommend against joining a network unless you are a large YouTuber.

Generally networks, especially large ones that take on many channels, don't offer you anything worth the money and time you give away.

Will their advertisement sales team increase your CPM? Usually not and definitely not on huge networks. Not to mention this isn't even in the contract.

Will they make you somehow more popular in search results? nope.

Do they provide free music? probably, but music can easily be found for free from sites like:
- Incompetech
- Freesound
- Bensound
- FreePD
- CCMixter
- PacDV
- PublicDomain4u
- Not to mention YouTube's own creator music library.
Plus music is not worth even 10% of your revenue when it can be found for free.

Dashboard? I haven't seen a single dashboard I would pay money for.

SEO? You can do you own SEO, with many free tools and resources out there. Google adwords has a keywords resource, and if you're still lazy you can literally YouTube search the first word of your video title, put all suggestions as tags, do the next word of title, add as tags, repeat.

They'll help you get more sponsors? I've only seen networks that show you companies that tend to do sponsorships with small yotubers and give contact details. This is nothing you can't do yourself by looking for companies and getting in touch via email.

Wait, they'll help you collaborate with more YouTubers through their channel networking? Right cause you need to pay to meet new people that already exist on YouTube.

Unless they are offering something unique that I've never seen with networks I'd strongly recommend against joining a network.

The reason I say only unless you're a large YouTuber is because generally if networks want a chance at getting a large channel, they must make a contract that is going to give that youtuber something proper. For instance, actual cameras. Thousands of dollars worth of film gear. Sponsorships at the door step that dont require them to sell their soul and make dedicated sponsor info segments. You get the gist.

Just for some background, in the past I've been with numerous networks. Namely; SocialBlade, CreativeNation, BroadbandTV and Curse.

And the end of the day, think about the % they take over the course of time. If you made $50 a month from youtube, and your network took 20% every month for a contract of a year, that's $120 that could have gone to say a new microphone, computer part, good camera stand, lights, or something for your personal life.

Adnl.
Oh hey it's you again. Hope all is well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanDaSimmer

FestusFX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
No network is good for small channels. There are really no benefits for you apart from loss of income. They can't help thousands of channels and give you all a platform, they focus of the big boys.
Hmm seems logic to me yea, I just wondered if there were some networks that also focus to help small channels :s[DOUBLEPOST=1465832101,1465832046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Networks arent needed to be good. they might take half of your money you earn so dont do it. tube buddy isnt but it helps it be easier
I already have Tube Buddy, it's really helpfull sometimes yea xd

DanDaSimmer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I think the best thing to do is make 'YouTuber friends' who make similar videos to you and who's channels grow at a similar rate to yours. You can and will support each other! That way you have a great Network of peers to help you with anything you need... I've found that method helps the best for a small channel :)