Beginner Essentials

Chavista

Reaction score
I would like to record videos focusing on political discussions. The videos will primarily feature me speaking, though I will occasionally split in video clips of news events, simple animations, etc.

Can anyone point me to a good getting started tutorial or recommend some equipment?

I already have a microphone (a SnoCone, or whatever they're called), so my next purchase will have to be a video camera. I also have an Adobe subscription, so I have access to Adobe Premiere for editing videos.

Is that all I really need, or do you recommend anything else? I just recently learned about Elgato, though I haven't completely understand it yet. That's what prompted me to ask if there is any additional equipment I should invest in.

Thanks!

vlogere2000

Reaction score
I am also planning to launch a Youtube channel on a similar topic. Suggestions for necessary equipment, editing tips etc. would be really helpful! I was also wondering whether I should add subtitles on my videos. I know that YT generates them automatically, but I want my videos to be professional and accessible to everyone:) I have heard of Go transcript subtitling services (https://gotranscript.com/subtitling-services) and was thinking of giving it a try. Any ideas?