Other Be in a documentary about community on YouTube!

BobCorp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey folks, how are we all doing?

My name is Bob and I'm a videomaker from England. Over the last year, I've been trying to develop my channel to take a more educational route, having produced a short documentary in early September about the history, culture and architecture of Covent Garden.

My biggest, upcoming project is another documentary, which looks at the link between success and community on YouTube - do you need to know a lot of people on the site in order to be successful?

In my first documentary, I simply spoke on my own for about ten minutes and didn't feature any interviews or others' opinions. This time round, I wish to speak to more people and gain a much better understanding of what people think of the question. That's why I'm reaching out to you!

Essentially, all you would need to do is film yourself answering a set of questions (listed below) and send them over to bobcorpmail@gmail.com. It doesn't matter whether you do gaming videos or hair and beauty videos - your opinion is very much appreciated! Along with your email, please let me know your name, as well as your channel name so I can credit you properly in the video, as well as the description. When filming your video, please try to reduce as much background noise as possible, as well as ensuring that your video is well lit. Nothing fancy is required, just that I can see you!

The questions are as follows:

1. What do you think is the best thing about the YouTube community?
2. How much do you agree that in order to be successful on YouTube, you need to be part of a community?
3. Personally, do you think that the number of subscribers you have is a very important thing on YouTube? Why/why not?
4. Of the subscribers that you do have, how many of them do you know personally and/or frequently talk to?
5. How can you define the YouTube community?
6. Finally, do you have any tips for encouraging others to be part of a community? (e.g. talking to people, commenting etc?)

The preferred deadline to get your video in is this Saturday, but you can still send me stuff afterwards and if I can fit it in, I will do that. Any other queries or questions, please do let me know in the comments below! I look forward to seeing what you have to share.

Many thanks and kind regards,

-Bob

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Hi, Bob! I'm looking forward to doing this for you. I think it's interesting to hear what others have to say about the community. I will get this to you asap.

Reactions: BobCorp

BobCorp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi, Bob! I'm looking forward to doing this for you. I think it's interesting to hear what others have to say about the community. I will get this to you asap.
Thank you very much! I look forward to seeing what you have to show!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh gosh, it looks like I've missed the deadline for this! I'm an educational channel myself, so I'd have loved to help.