At What Point Did Your Channel "Take Off"?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
By "take off" I mean the point in which you start getting regular and consistent growth, good views, and an active comment section. I want to see how long it took other people to get there, to try and compare to how my channel is doing.

What's the point of me asking? Because I haven't yet. I've been doing YouTube for 4 years now, so I want to see how far behind my channel is in that sense as well.

So after how much time has your channel took off. Have you been doing anything special to get to such an amazing milestone?

Last edited:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To be honest I don’t think you should compare yourself to other channels, because each person is different and they grow on their own time. I use to compare myself to other YouTubers. Sometimes I still do and it makes feel bad and it also can be a little discouraging

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
By "take off" I mean the point in which you start getting regular and consistent growth, good views, and an active comment section. I want to see how long it took other people to get there, to try and compare to how my channel is doing.

What's the point at which I took off you may be asking, and I'll tell you: I haven't yet. I've been doing YouTube for 4 years now, so I want to see how far behind my channel is in that sense as well.

So after how much time has your channel took off. Have you been doing anything special to get to such an amazing milestone?
Like what courtney said - dont compare yourself with other people and their channels. Do it for your own enjoyment and for making great content

If you really really need to know.....
Then use a website called social blade... you can look at your growth stats as well as see how you compare with other channels

Reactions: Courtney Candice

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like what courtney said - dont compare yourself with other people and their channels. Do it for your own enjoyment
I'm not really a motivational quote type of person.

Also I do use SocialBlade already.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not sure my channel has "taken off" yet. I've had slow and steady growth that's required a lot of work, but I'm not past a threshold I'd say would define "taking off."

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When did you start regularly uploading and working on your channel (was it from day 1, 4 years ago?)

At least you got over 100 subs and close to 200 soon

I dont know whether you wanted some advice from your post or you wanted us to tell you our growth stories.

Your unboxing videos get a lot more views than the others, but you only have a few of those. Maybe that can be your sub-niche?

If you want growth you can post on related forums and even join related groups on facebook as well

To be honest I don’t think you should compare yourself to other channels, because each person is different and they grow on their own time. I use to compare myself to other YouTubers. Sometimes I still do and it makes feel bad and it also can be a little discouraging
Courtney and i meant well to try and encourage you.
Where do you want to be with your channel?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When did you start regularly uploading and working on your channel (was it from day 1, 4 years ago?)

At least you got over 100 subs and close to 200 soon

I dont know whether you wanted some advice from your post or you wanted us to tell you our growth stories.

Your unboxing videos get a lot more views than the others, but you only have a few of those. Maybe that can be your sub-niche?

If you want growth you can post on related forums and even join related groups on facebook as well

Courtney and i meant well to try and encourage you.
Where do you want to be with your channel?
I started uploading since day 1 and never took a break.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started uploading since day 1 and never took a break.

Did you post consistently since day one ? Same day same time each week ?

How many videos to you have altogether ?

I realised recently that my growth got better since I put more effort into interacting with communities (small youtuber groups, graphic design groups and challenge groups ) just by interacting with people

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did you post consistently since day one ? Same day same time each week ?
I did post consistently, however I ramped up how many videos I make. I went from 1 video, to 2 videos, to 3 videos, to what I do now, 6 videos a week.
How many videos to you have altogether ?
200 public.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did post consistently, however I ramped up how many videos I make. I went from 1 video, to 2 videos, to 3 videos, to what I do now, 6 videos a week.

200 public.

It seems odd to me that you have 200 videos but only 6k views

Did you share every video?

Im no expert but I learnt an awful lot from videos on growing your channel

Nick nimmin
Channel notes are good channels for that kind of advice. Have you beeing doing the same thing for 4 years maybe you have to mix it up a bit

Sorry I cant be of much help