Anyone experimented with Live Streaming?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If so, curious to hear your experiences.
What would it take to do a live stream outside on the move? A phone with 4G, would that work?
What about software, is there something to download or is it done through Google chrome?
Thinking of setting up a weekly "live show" but have very little idea how to go about it technically, and what the quality will be like?
What about viewers, how does one reach out to them? I don't suppose you'd do a video advertising it, does YT have a special place to promote live streams?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If so, curious to hear your experiences.
What would it take to do a live stream outside on the move? A phone with 4G, would that work?
What about software, is there something to download or is it done through Google chrome?
Thinking of setting up a weekly "live show" but have very little idea how to go about it technically, and what the quality will be like?
What about viewers, how does one reach out to them? I don't suppose you'd do a video advertising it, does YT have a special place to promote live streams?
Never tried it or looked into it, I do know that most of the gamers are on Twitch, record there and post afterwards on YouTube (some of them). I have seen channels use live streams but they focus on building communities, have a website, etc where they can also advertise. I would guess you need quite a large subscriber base before you can launch a successful one.
On kids channels particularly, not sure how your kids are but I edit quite a lot out of my video's which I'm happy it's not Live :) With your kids speaking native English, it might be easier for you to pull it off.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never tried it or looked into it, I do know that most of the gamers are on Twitch, record there and post afterwards on YouTube (some of them). I have seen channels use live streams but they focus on building communities, have a website, etc where they can also advertise. I would guess you need quite a large subscriber base before you can launch a successful one.
On kids channels particularly, not sure how your kids are but I edit quite a lot out of my video's which I'm happy it's not Live :) With your kids speaking native English, it might be easier for you to pull it off.
I edit a lot too, it's common to have an hour of footage for a 6 minute video.
The idea of live would simply be to have something different from the thousands upon thousands of kids channels out there.
But it would be technically difficult to execute and make it fun without a whole back-end production crew.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I edit a lot too, it's common to have an hour of footage for a 6 minute video.
The idea of live would simply be to have something different from the thousands upon thousands of kids channels out there.
But it would be technically difficult to execute and make it fun without a whole back-end production crew.
Indeed, it's an interesting thought, something like a sunday mornng tv show for kids. I guess you or your wife would need to host it, relying on the kids could be stressful as well. My youngest daughter sometimes switches moods (or starts fighting with her sister) during the video recording and I need to pause it to get things right haha

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Indeed, it's an interesting thought, something like a sunday mornng tv show for kids. I guess you or your wife would need to host it, relying on the kids could be stressful as well. My youngest daughter sometimes switches moods (or starts fighting with her sister) during the video recording and I need to pause it to get things right haha
Hahaha - you know that 1 hour of recording I mentioned for 6 minutes of video? Well a good 15 minutes of that is fighting, punching, refusing to share, and other moodiness! Kids will be kids....

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hahaha - you know that 1 hour of recording I mentioned for 6 minutes of video? Well a good 15 minutes of that is fighting, punching, refusing to share, and other moodiness! Kids will be kids....
haha so true :)