Anyone else remember video replies?

magnamious

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
I honestly kind of miss video replies because I used find other YouTubers who made similar content to the YouTubers I already watched. I think it was actually a pretty good way for small YouTubers to get discovered. Does anyone else miss it? And if not, why?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I remember it but I never understood it!

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I honestly kind of miss video replies because I used find other YouTubers who made similar content to the YouTubers I already watched. I think it was actually a pretty good way for small YouTubers to get discovered. Does anyone else miss it? And if not, why?
I remember, I think as youtube channels became more professional it just didn't make sense anymore. Plus it was probably a great tool for bullies/trolls.

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
It was a good way to get some views tbh. Nowadays you can just make a video as a reply to a certain video to a youtuber and try to get the video creator's attention somehow through social media.... but given how many troll's and haters and other bigots there are nowadays on the internet its a good thing it got removed IMO.

Reactions: TwoTakes

ThreeProng

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Meh, i barely remember it and don't miss it whatsoever, kind of pointless in my opinion, would just have tons of popular videos just cluttered with replies from smaller channels

Reactions: TaxOwlbear

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It was a good way to get some views tbh. Nowadays you can just make a video as a reply to a certain video to a youtuber and try to get the video creator's attention somehow through social media.... but given how many troll's and haters and other bigots there are nowadays on the internet its a good thing it got removed IMO.
That never works for me. Links get blocked for my account

TaxOwlbear

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Video replies were nice, but I agree that if they were still around, all videos of every big Youtuber ever would be cluttered with self-advertising videos.

magnamious

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
I remember it but I never understood it!
It's basically so people can post their own videos that are related to that video
Yeah, you're probably right
I kind of miss it too. It helped increase views. And I could use some extra views right about now.
Same dude same haha, that's what made me think of it

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I SO miss video replies, they were so useful and also helped people get noticed more, especially with tag videos
I feel like thats one reason why tags have died a bit, because it was so easy to just stick your video into the video-replies that you got the tag from, then more people would see your content anyway..

I don't even know why they removed the feature, it was so good...
I get that some people used to spam the video replies and the 'reply girl' shin-dig but maybe they shouldn't have ctut it out all together!! ... damn it, google+