Anyone done Playlist4Playlist? Any success?

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
A comment just caught my eye here on YTT about something called Playlist4Playlist (that's why I love YTT).
You can search it up. Basically you are swapping your playlists with another friend's playlist and posting it on your channel page. Both of you posts each other's playlist on your channel. The idea is kinda a collaboration whereby viewers with the similar interest may discover your channel from this exchange.

Just want to know if anyone has any success on this? It makes sense.
However I am not too sure if it looks professional to put someone else's playlist on my channel.
Specifically for a music channel like mine. May kinda discredit my reputation if users using the other channel get in trouble with the music they use because of my endorsement.

Any thoughts on this strategy overall?

With my music channel, I have a playlist called, "Bands We Support" where we showcase bands I know and support or people that want to be in it. It's decently successful and adds a little bit of collaboration to my channel.

With my music channel, I have a playlist called, "Bands We Support" where we showcase bands I know and support or people that want to be in it. It's decently successful and adds a little bit of collaboration to my channel.

That sounds like a nice idea. Do you have an arrangement with the channels you include in the playlist to also create one including some of your videos on theirs? Just curious how you've set it up. Nice way to collaborate for channels that don't have other convenient ways to do so.

I don't know if it would be worth it - I mean think of the percentage of people that are going to look at your playlists on your channel, like 1% at best? and if you are a small channel thats like 5 people a year.

I can't see it working out for much unless the channels involved are pretty sizeable. Idk, that might just be my pessimism talking.

That sounds like a nice idea. Do you have an arrangement with the channels you include in the playlist to also create one including some of your videos on theirs? Just curious how you've set it up. Nice way to collaborate for channels that don't have other convenient ways to do so.

While I don't require it, most bands that I support, support me back. But like you've read below. It adds maybe 1% more views.

While I don't require it, most bands that I support, support me back. But like you've read below. It adds maybe 1% more views.

Still might be worth considering if several related channels for instance got together to share a collaborative playlist on their channels when all are equally represented. Each channel in the group could put forward 3 videos they think are worth including for example, spaced randomly through the list. Playlists also show up in search so if retention rates are fairly high, which they could well be if each channel is offering their best the playlist might get more attention than anticipated.

Another bonus is that the views you will receive are fairly well targeted if the visitors are subs from related channels so even though a low percentage of your total views, they might be more engaged and convert more easily to subs than most.

Only negative I see is that you will be sending your viewers to other channels, but then again, they are also sending their viewers to yours. Would be best if all in the group had similar sub numbers to be fair I guess. Worth thinking about.

Back