Anyone doing a Comedy Skits channel?

Megamindez

I've Got It
Hey Guys!

I have been working on Comedy skits and will be publishing them soon.
Along with it, I wanted to do some random funny interviews with people, just to add some variety.

What are your channels about and how long does it usually take you to come up with an idea, film and edit it?

Would appreciate your sharing of experiences :)

Hey you! :wavespin: I have a sketch channel. Filming+editing takes me about a week, finding ideas and writing scripts sort of happens in between, for instance if I have a sleepless night ;) But it's starting to take its toll and I'm thinking of doing some vloggy stuff in between which might be easier to produce. I definitely want to keep my schedule of uploading once a week or I'd never get anything done :D

Hey Sabrina!

That's so cool! I love your spirit and attitude about it, and it seems like you're having lots of fun (so work doesn't really seem like work) which is super important I think. Glad you shared this! Will definitely check your channel out. Mine will be ready in a week or so, most likely :D I'm sooo scared still, but I know that I will just do it, no matter how bad I think it is lol

:)

Hey! I'm currently writing a few comedy skits right now (hoping one will be up by Tuesday!), but currently I'm only uploading comedy and humour/satire/sarcastic videos but I'm excited to see yours when you showcase it! :D

I wrote a bunch of scripts for a project that never materialized so we have a bunch in the queue. Our vids are probably going to be 2 min or less and our quality is (?) so we shoot 4-6 in an afternoon. Mostly because our schedules rarely line up and it's nearly impossible to meet up regularly..

After reading a lot online, I'm starting to wonder if scripted skits are sort of mismatched with YouTube. In other words, a number of guides and articles suggest that viewers come to YT to get away from scripted skits, since they can get a ton of that on TV. Maybe they come to YT to see real everyday folks they can relate to and feel they know as part of a community. Not fictional characters.

Thoughts?

I wrote a bunch of scripts for a project that never materialized so we have a bunch in the queue. Our vids are probably going to be 2 min or less and our quality is (?) so we shoot 4-6 in an afternoon. Mostly because our schedules rarely line up and it's nearly impossible to meet up regularly..

After reading a lot online, I'm starting to wonder if scripted skits are sort of mismatched with YouTube. In other words, a number of guides and articles suggest that viewers come to YT to get away from scripted skits, since they can get a ton of that on TV. Maybe they come to YT to see real everyday folks they can relate to and feel they know as part of a community. Not fictional characters.

Thoughts?

I think you do have a very valid point. Whenever I watch a skit on YouTube, there's never an urge to subscribe to the YouTube channel unless they've continually produced skits and that's literally their shtick. It feels a little more...I think the word would be "inauthentic." I think many subscribe to youtube channels that they feel they can connect with, or feel like they can be friends with.

But at the same time, I think there's also a medium that's important in skits. For example, Natalie Tran/Community Channel produces scripted skits, but she also has an element of personable content so you still feel connected to her. Whether the awkward scenarios that happen to her are actually true or not, we'll never know, but it is something to consider when creating your own videos. We also have videos like the Lizzie Bennett Diaries and lonelygirl15 which are all scripted but also add a level of personality and audience interaction. So I guess the questions when creating your videos would be, how personable are they? Will the viewers connect with the content or just go somewhere else? Will viewers be able to interact with the characters or will it feel more like they're a fly on the wall?

it seems like you're having lots of fun ... which is super important I think.
I'm not making videos for fun, I'm on YouTube for money and *******..... ;):D
I'm sooo scared still, but I know that I will just do it, no matter how bad I think it is lol
Yes absolutely! You'll learn by doing.

a number of guides and articles suggest that viewers come to YT to get away from scripted skits, since they can get a ton of that on TV. Maybe they come to YT to see real everyday folks they can relate to and feel they know as part of a community. Not fictional characters.
That's such an interesting discussion! I've read those articles too and I've been thinking about it ever since. I don't get a lot of views/subs in the first place (because no one searches for sketches) and I feel like the subs I have are losing interest. I wonder if they'd stick around if I'd show myself as a real person and they'd have more of a connection.

So I guess the questions when creating your videos would be, how personable are they? Will the viewers connect with the content or just go somewhere else? Will viewers be able to interact with the characters or will it feel more like they're a fly on the wall?
Thanks for your input, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. One of the characters in my skits is always more like myself and "relatable", but I'm not sure that's enough, especially since I don't have recurring characters. It may be entertaining (hopefully :D) but more of a one-off thing, and the personal connection that ties people to a channel and that makes them enjoy YouTube in the first place is missing. :confused:

I wonder if they'd stick around if I'd show myself as a real person and they'd have more of a connection.
I think that's what we're going to try the next time we shoot. Maybe do the skit and afterwards talk as real people about the skit and then get into other topics. I think we'll also try to throw in some totally different types of things just to be more relatable.

I'm attempting to do a blog style comedy series.. I don't know whether that counts as a skit. It's good to see that there are more comedians lurking about :)

ahahaha Alex! Just checked out your channel and the videos are quite funny! Was wondering how long you usually take to edit and also, have you thought about adding an intro or outro?

Back